Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Gents

Not to cause a rukus.....

I can see sharing just to have some company, however for me, i just left my house 22 hours ago and am not too keen on chatting.......

If the cost is @ 2000 baht or $50 USD

Are some of us trying to save the odd $20 dollars by sharing?

I am not trying to be the "rich yank" but wtf.

YES i over pay and over tip, BECAUSE i dont like the hassle of protracted haggling.

And over the course of a week i blow at least 4000 baht in overpayments....

I am on holiday and it takes up time and emotions to be a skinflint.

As my Scot friend says, he is not Cheap, he is just Careful. I AM careful, but dont want to get my Knickers in a knot for a few baht.

jmho

I think its all a matter of choice

if you have had a long trip and maybe popped a couple of sleeping pills in flight then you might not be tired when you arrive and its always nice to have some company for the 2 hour trip

Some people enjoy chatting and its always a nice time to make a new friend swap stories and by doing so you speed up the journey

For me I rarely sleep on the 11hr flight (or there abouts) and am not bothered one way or the other if I travel alone

However if the oportunity to share a ride came up then I would be happy to accept and in doing so I would hope to make a new friend and share tales on the trip

For me it's not about saving money but more about meeting people and maybe making a few friends in the process

I shared a ride once. Just for the hell of it. Had a good conversation and the trip really went by quickly. Would do it again if my arrival date and time coincided with someone elses.

As a side note....while waiting for my ride mate at the airport I was approached by a guy wanting to share. I thought it would be OK, but when the scheduled guy showed up, the new guy said he wanted to ride for free! I blew him off. Don't know how he got to Pattaya. If he was that low on funds he shouldn't have made the trip in the first place.

Little Roy :chogdee2

Guest Winston_Churchill
As a side note....while waiting for my ride mate at the airport I was approached by a guy wanting to share. I thought it would be OK, but when the scheduled guy showed up, the new guy said he wanted to ride for free!

it wasn't an esteemed member off here was it? :eyecrazy

My flights over are in the 26-29 hour range depending on the route.

When I land, I want out of the airport and to be in my hotel as quickly as possible.

I always pre-book a taxi and the only way I would ride-share is if the sharer was waiting for me and going to the same hotel.

Besides, I'm sure I don't smell too great when I land.

Guest Winston_Churchill
I don't think so, Winnie.  He was too young and too skinny.

Little Roy <huh

Definately not him then, he would have been waiting and wondering if and when alex is gonna turn up or not :banghead

Edited by Winston_Churchill
Definately not him then, he would have been waiting and wondering if and when alex is gonna turn up or not :banghead

Only you can make yourself look stupid. Keep up the good work.

Guest Winston_Churchill
Only you can make yourself look stupid. Keep up the good work.

What u on about now dipstick :D if the cap fits??

Edited by Winston_Churchill

Hi

I think you definitely need a taxi waiting then. Not worth the hassle when you are tired, just wanna get to hotel and shower and have a rest before hitting the town.

When I land, I want out of the airport and to be in my hotel as quickly as possible.

I always pre-book a taxi and the only way I would ride-share is if the sharer was waiting for me and going to the same hotel.

Besides, I'm sure I don't smell too great when I land.

hi

How do you prebook a taxi? I am arriving in BBK on the 30th November at 2.20pm.

Thanks

hi

How do you prebook a taxi? I am arriving in BBK on the 30th November at 2.20pm.

Thanks

There are different methods depending on how much you are willing to spend.

Many hotels offer a taxi service if you stay with them.

There are also taxi services like Image Limousine, PJ Scuba, and others. I am sure that other members know more names than I am aware of.

When I go on the next trip soon, the hotel is picking me up at a cost of 1400 baht. I will stay there a few days then move to another hotel.

I stayed at Areca hotel last trip and their service is 2000 Baht.

Check around, prices vary greatly but are usually consistent with service and quality.

I like the idea of sharing and having a chat but only managed it once and then it was a disaster.

Posted to share on here many times and have had no shows, call me when you lands, I might be arounds etc.

The one time I did share was with a guy who sat next to me on the plane. As we all know when that Eva flight lands you RUN to immigration as several planes land at/around the same times. This guy dips off for a piss, so long story short I ended up waiting for 1 hour at baggage reclaim for him to get through immigration. I was not happy.

So now I go on my own...

Pre-booking is the way to go. When I arrived last week, I got into a beautiful shiny taxi on the departure level and we agreed on a price. As soon as he left the ramp, I was moved into his friend's taxi and I saw money changing hands. That car broke down and I was moved into yet another taxi! I arrived at my hotel 6 hours after my flight. Welcome to Thailand.

Pre-booking is the way to go. When I arrived last week, I got into a beautiful shiny taxi on the departure level and we agreed on a price. As soon as he left the ramp, I was moved into his friend's taxi and I saw money changing hands. That car broke down and I was moved into yet another taxi! I arrived at my hotel 6 hours after my flight. Welcome to Thailand.

Wow, that's depressing. :o

Guido

IMO, negotiating is part of the Thai experience. I negotiate with the guys that have just dropped someone off. Walk outside, turn right, walk past all the taxis in the line and there will be some guys further down in Camry "Limos". About 1100thb plus 150thb in tolls and 2 hours later you are in Pattaya.

My favorite ride to Pattaya was in the Magic Bus I hired via The Classroom. Two go-go girls and a van with a driver were in arrival hall waiting for me after I got my bags. Driver carried my bags, iced down drinks in the van, and a BG on each side of me for the ride. I will do this again, especially if i have someone to share the expense with.