Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

On flight TG989 - Updated with pics

Im home now. I flew on the new Airbus 340-500 last night. I believe Thai has finally got a plane that can compete with SQ and Emitrates for flights from NZ to Asia and beyond.

49DSC02146.JPG

Finally TG have a plane with personal screens in all classes. Only problem i encountered when I was trying to start the movie, From Russia With Love I got a commentry on the features of the plane.

The plane seems to have 3 or 4 classes, 1st class (not sure) ot was it 2 cabins of business, then economy premium and coach where I was. The first two identital cabins had lieflat beds.

49DSC02147.JPG

Unfortunatly no online internet (dont know if business had it) but one feature that i liked that the the side seats - 2 seats on each side of the window section (not sure on the middle section) have intl ac power outlets underneath the seats. Why i wasnt sure was that when I plugged my laptop in the little blue light lit up on the side of the seat visible to the cabincrew but i didn't see any lights in the middle section.

49DSC02148.JPG

The toilets also seemed cleaner with straighter line interior fittings but hey it was a brand new plane.

Thumbs up to TG on this plane, They should keep me if they keep it on the newly introduced AKL-BKK run as I had been thinking about using another Star Alliance carrier to Asia namely SQ but would have to transfer in Singapore obviously.

Hi Floyd

Sorry that we missed each other on the way out on the 11th,I was in fact sitting one row in front of you in 32K,what a shit flight that was in all respects,ie broken seat,ran out of piss,and shitty food.

I too trtavelled back on the new A340/5 and what a great flight in all respects from customer service/food was great/and have to agree with you that provided this service is continued feel sure it's a winner.

Drifting off topic here but there are some lovely faces in that photo.

What is worse than being cramped into a seat on a packed flight with 12 more hours to go struggling to get to sleep?..........Some pratt flashing a camera in your face at the same time. :banana