Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

President Park, Davis or Sofitel ?

Hi 2guns

I'm going to Bangkok for a break (from PTY) and would like to stay in a nice hotel, that are not too expensive.

I have found :

President Park 4*, Sukhumvit soi 24, for 2 645 bath

Davis Hotel 5*, Sukhumvit soi 24, for 3 210 bath

Sofitel 4*, Silom, for 3 560 bath

Have anyone stayed at this places ? guest-friendly ?

Chock dee

:ang2

Can't comment on the hotels you mention as I haven't stayed in any of them (although a friend of mine was less than complimentary about the Davis after a recent stay).

I can recommend the President Solitaire though. My favourite of all the places I've stayed in BKK and the Premiere suite is only a little more than the price you quote for the Sofitel (3,199 ++ direct from the hotel website). That gets you a 50sqm room with a 42" plasma tv, dvd player and broadband wifi. I think its only rated as 4* but I much prefer it to the JW Marriott or the Westin.

A year ago I stayed in a Platinum Suite at the President Solitaire for, I think it was somewhere between 3,200 and 3,400. They have drastically raised their rates over the last year to point where I no longer think they are worth it.

Whatever the market will bear, I guess.

:P

I stayed at President Park early this year. Pretty impressive digs. The bed is a work of art and the place is top of the line. The one thing I did not like, being a smoker, is that there was no outdoor balcony.

I was there with my regular, so don't know what their guest policy is.

Jon

Hey OJ,

The Davis has a top quality buffet for 299++ lunch and 399++ for dinner. It's probably the best deal in Bangkok as far as food goes. I can't comment on guest policy or rooms, as I've never stayed in any of the real quality hotels in Bangkok, since I have a home in Bangkok. The Davis is right across the street from President Park.

The big plus about staying at President Park is that you get access to the Capitol Club (I'm a member: http://www.capitolclub.com/). It's regarded as one of the best "leisure fitness clubs" in bangkok.

Location of both The Davis and President Park is pretty decent if you use motorbike taxis. It is 10B from Emporium (Skytrain) to/from President Park or Davis, and 15B to/from Queen Sirikin subway. Don't ask the motorbike taxis how much is costs -- just pay when you get off. Plus, both hotels are just a very short walk from Rama 4, which takes you right to Silom very quickly.

I talked to a couple of guys in the sauna at Capitol Club a few days ago. They said they were paying about the price you quoted for President Park -- and they were thrilled with it.

I agree about what a shame it is there is no balcony at President Park. I look up at the units and can't imagine why the builders forgot about a balcony.

Anyway, don't know anything about Sofitel.

OJ,

I have stayed at the silom soffitel. It was a couple of years ago. With Bee no less. remember her??? Very nice place.I got it thorough directroom.com with a soffitel member card they will upgrade your room. From posts on bangkok tonight I got the impression they are not very guest friendly. In my case I checked in with bee so they gave me no problems.

I tried to book park president this trip for 4 nights but they were fully booked. as were like 15 other hotels. I don't know about davis hotel.

Let me know where you are going to be xmas when in BKK. :chogdee2 :chogdee2

Hi guys :D

Torrenova : Thanks for the suggestion. Majestic Grande will probably be a hotel that I will try in the future. Btw, are you still having the same bar ???

Carlos, JJJ, Bangkapiboy and Samsonite : I have stayed in two of the President hotels before. The one in soi 15 a couple of times.

President-grupe raised the prices about a year ago, and after that I have been looking for other places to stay, just as Samsonite mentioned. The rooms are getting a bit worn down - haven't they ?

I have decided to try out Davis Hotel. Its a 4/5* and I got it for 2760 bath a night, inkl breakfast. The website says "no joiner fee". I will make a rewiew of it when I'm back home again.

Cowboy :beer

OF course I remember Bee - she was one of my regulars :beer B) I guess she isn't the only one we have "shared" :unsure: I am staying in BKK from the 12 to 15, and Pattaya from the 15th. I have booked Sandy Spring. I have never stayed there before but I will give them a try. Soi 13 is an excellent location.

If any of you guys are in town for x-mas/new year, come over and introduce yourselfe. Thanks for helping me out here :unsure:

Chock dee

:lol:

I have stayed at the Davis many times and is is Guest Friendly, however they do not like you taking more than 1 lady at a time.

If you book direct with the Davis via email you can often get a good deal. I uaually pay 2100 THB for the Corner Wing which I think is a very good rate.

VaioLord

• 5 weeks later...
Hi :rolleyes:

I'm going to Bangkok for a break (from PTY) and would like to stay in a nice hotel, that are not too expensive.

I have found :

President Park 4*, Sukhumvit soi 24, for 2 645 bath

Davis Hotel 5*, Sukhumvit soi 24, for 3 210 bath

Sofitel 4*, Silom, for 3 560 bath

Have anyone stayed at this places ? guest-friendly ?

Chock dee

:rolleyes:

Where did you stay in the end and was it any good/price? Or haven't you been yet?

I have stayed at the President Solitaire. Overpriced and lousy service from management. The suite I stayed in was leaking water from the upstairs bathroom, that I had to move rooms at 11:00 PM if not my bathroom would be flooded.

And to think the management did not want to discount my rate for my inconvenience. Would I recommend the President Solitaire...NEVER~!!!

OF the three hotels you have offered. President Park, Davis, Sofitel. I have not stayed in any of them. The Sofitel, in my opinion is away from the action, does that matter to you???...PResident Park is recommended by other board members.

I stayed at the Landmark, just last month when I got in to Bangkok, and I would stay there anytime again. The rooms were outstanding, and the buffet for brunch was the best spread that I have seen in Thailand, excellent. Plus the location, cannot be beat. Just walk around the corner and wallaaa~~~ Your at Nana~!!!