Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

If you have the Bhat, just about any clinic will offer it to you. I even went to Pattaya International and told them I needed a prescripton for Amoxicilin (I work in Iraq and get lots of sinus infections) and they happily obligied. Just tell them you have an extremely bad case of diahrea or something and want to keep 'pumping' money into the local economy. They'll understand.

hey guys, does anybody knows a doctor in pats who'd issue a sick certificate? desperately in need of one :grin-jump

Get a grip. Go back home and go to work, It's only all an illusion :clap2 :clap2

Just been reading up on my work intitlement and if I get sick while on holidays

I can clam it and get credit for holidays. Would of never thought of this myself. :chogdee

Just been reading up on my work intitlement and if I get sick while on holidays

I can clam it and get credit for holidays. Would of never thought of this myself. :chogdee

That is normal work legislation, I am not to sure if it is only NSW, or the rest of Australia.

As long as you have a doctors certificate to say that you where sick for those days that you where on holiday, your employer is obliged to give you those holidays again.

That is normal work legislation, I am not to sure if it is only NSW, or the rest of Australia.

As long as you have a doctors certificate to say that you where sick for those days that you where on holiday, your employer is obliged to give you those holidays again.

Hey, tell me more. I live and work in Sydney and have never heard of this. Is it only certain awards that get this. If it can apply to me extended holidays here I come :chogdee

You can try dr belen a PI doc who has been here for 25 yrs i,d say she will give you something even if its just a letter head with something on it ...she is in soi 4 next to the bangkok bank,,,on the east side. 50 mts up on the right..not soi 6 side ...i did it once in the the himalayers with the himalayer resue visiting OS doctors for a small donation while mountain climbing. i gave them $20 US ,they did back flips, very poor country.....i got paid ...

but i think the holiday sick rort has finnish about 6 yrs ago..well they stoped it at the council i was working for in sydney. because everyone was rorting it ..double check with your union...if you poor buggers still have one...or your HR at work.

good luck

Edited by lostinspace

If you have a travel insurance or maybe a such included in your home insurance you can also get a refund of your travel costs if you're sick more than X days. At least if you have the same insurances as we have in Sweden. That opportunity to be sick during a vacation was stopped in Sweden some years ago if you don't notify your employer and the national insurance authority - a postcard is enough I think.

Holy Crap Are you Shitting me? you get your vacation days back if you fall sick while on vacation? Damn. thats mighty generous. I thought I had it good until i heard that one.

Hey, tell me more. I live and work in Sydney and have never heard of this. Is it only certain awards that get this. If it can apply to me extended holidays here I come :eyecrazy

If you have a doctors certificate, it is not classed as either work or holiday. That is by law.

It is classed as a sick day. Unfortunatly most cmpanys will only give you so many sick days a year, unlike europe where if you are sick, there are unlimited sick days.

Unfortuantly Australia has gone downhill for the workers since the Howard government got into power.

Edited by mbiggs

Mine is still run by the Union so we still get holiday credits.

Might check out my insurance might get Two for One deal on my next flight. :eyecrazy

In Sweden the employer pays the first 3 week of every sick leave, after that the national insurance take over. We give employees 5 week vacation every year. However I've my own company so I'm never sick and instead I go to Thailand 5 times every year and stay 12-14 days each time. :3some

BTW we were not discussing any fraudelent action, if you're get sick so of course you must be compensated if the laws of your country say so. :dbh

Edited by elef

I know I could do it several lifetimes ago when I was a public servant.

These days, small private company, I'd be checking the fine print. :chogdee2

Actually...

I have attained many doctor's notes anytime I needed them (eg. changing return airplane ticket dates) by just going in a Hospital clinic and claiming back pain or diahrea. The doctor's note is written up in English and ready upon payment. Hopspital notes are considered legit, but small clinic notes are not always acceptable for certain companies.

Of course, you should appear to the doctor to actually have these symptoms and be suffering. Make like it's real. For back pain just mention about the "needles in your lower back". He will prescribe muscle relaxant pills and pain relievers. For diahrea just tell him you have been going to the bathroom 10 times today already and shitting water. He will prescribe electrolites and an antibiotic. Doctor's visit should cost 200-300B, plus any medicine.

Airplane dates can generally be extended only up to 30 days from the originally scheduled return date to be eligible for complimentary date changes. After that the ticket may be canceled.

But, that's just my experience. :drunk

hey you lot, sincere thanks for your help guys and massive apologises for not updating you sooner.

well I’ve managed to get my sick certificate, but only after embarrassing myself with how little I understand thaïs, and the way they operate. went to the private clinic, sat in the chair and ask doc direct question, sort of “I need sickie”. at that point his face went red, started with a lecture about how farlangs think they can buy everything, and then he swiftly moved on favourite thai subject of “the king and the country”. I’ve apologised for my misbehaviour and we spent next hour talking about global things, politics, health, religion, global warming etc. he’s a good guy, and I felt my approach was rubbish.

then I went to the next clinic and put the old fashion - primary school type - show of being sick! i.e. “must have eaten some dodgy food” etc. this worked and 600 baht later I have had my certificate. I know it’s a bit dear, and could find it cheaper, but I didn’t want to lose too much valuable time on chasing five quid worth of savings. Stuff that, I was off to indulge in... <huh

mbiggs and aussiechic. I checked with my pay office on Friday and they confirmed that if I get sick on holidays and have a certificate they will credit me or allow me to extend my holidays but only up to whatever sick leave entitlement that I have. I receive 8 days a year which are not accrued each year.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Might catch up with you one day

• 1 month later...

I just confirmed my employer is going to part pay my trip to LOS.

As there is know direct international flights out of my town I have to fly to the nearest

capital city so my employer will pay this every two years. :allright

They all so gave me a form today that if I have my eyes checked and I need glasses to use the computer at work they will pay for them.

Getting more and more spending every day :chogdee2