Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

cigarette making supplies

HI Guys,

I know this is an off-the-wall subj and probably not of much interest to many there, but: I am an old smoker who just can't seem to quit and I make my own cigarettes using bulk tobaccco which has no additives(pure natural), cigarette filter tubes, and a professional cigarette makng machine. I order my supplies in from internet sellers and can make a cigarette this way that is much superior to any of the leading store purchased brands at a much lower cost(about .80 cents per 20 pack). Just wonder if any place there sells these RYO(roll your own) supplies. In my previous trips to the LOS never thought to check this out and just bought the packaged brands(most of the name brands there seemed to be made in Malaysia, Philippies, and domestically) offered there but never found any that came close to what I can make as previously stated, was always to busy and excited doing those "other things" to check this out. Thanks guys, have a good one and enjoy.

Old Bud

I am not too sure what you want exactly but if you want rolling tabacco they sell it in the shop opposite Tops supermarket, on the corner of 2nd road and Pattaya central road(Klang). I have also seen them in various family mart stores in Soi 8 and 7. They sell Drum and Golden Virgina and many other brands. I think about 220 baht for 50 grams. :thumbup :eyecrazy <grin

I am not too sure what you want exactly but if you want rolling tabacco they sell it in the shop opposite Tops supermarket, on the corner of 2nd road and Pattaya central road(Klang). I have also seen them in various family mart stores in Soi 8 and 7. They sell Drum and Golden Virgina and many other brands. I think about 220 baht for 50 grams. :thumbup :eyecrazy <grin

Thanks Cenn3, you are exactly right, bulk rolling tobacco is correct, but the price you quoted for 50 grams is out of sight as I only pay about 390B for around 450 grams(about 1 pound), so quess I can forget about making my own over there.

By the way, even though those 2 brands you menioned are an OK tobacco, I have tried both of them and they don't even come close to the quality I get here. As you may already know, the smaller the bay size the more you pay, at least for bulk tobacco. Thanks again and best regards. Old Bud

If you ever get up country you will see rice bags full of cut tobacco in the local fresh markets. Here in our village they have four of five different kinds. I'm not sure how many grams but you get a plastic bag full for ten baht. No rolling suppiies though, just non gummed papers.

Yep Gary you are right, when I went to the Mrs village I was given a bag of tabcacco.

Whoaaa strong shit like smoking some pot, I told him it was a bit strong for me and the next day he took the other bag back and gave me another bag, nice and mild that one was. Good quality and cheap!!!!

Many thanks to all for your replies to this inquiry, good to know that tobacco is grow locally in the LOS and is of decent quality and reasonable in cost, at least upcountry, but really doubt if any can be found in the Pattaya area. Regards to all, have a good one and enjoy.

Old Bud

You can get about 30 gm bags of Thai tobacco for 10 baht in the shop on Pattaya South road at the entrance to Day-Night hotel. Rolling papers and regular European baccy at Friendship supermarket about 200 yards further along Patt South road going away from the beach.

Edited by bob2005

Slighty off topic but I bought some "Marlboro lights" in Lao just across the river in the Golden Triangle area.....cheap yes, but UN smokeable!!! Just nasty they were.

I tossed them out.......yuck!!! The whole damn carton!!

Looked like the real thing.....Marlboro that is, but were NOT the same you buy from a store in LOS.

Cheap is not always the best way to go!!!! Like they say.."you get what you pay for"