Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I've been trying to make reservations with Pine Wing Suites located on Pattaya 2nd Road but have not gotten a reply from them. The only email address they have on there website is info@pinewing.com Can anyone help me with this? Plus any comments on this hotel. Thanks ... zarusoba!

You should call them or send a fax. They have a computer near the bar, but I never saw any of the staff using it.

I have previously at the PineWing about 3 times.

For your daytime fun it is just a short walk to Soi 6 or Big C.

No charges for joiners. No in-room safes, but has lockers used as safety boxes located in a room just off to the side of the reception area. You provide the lock. I think the locker area closes at 10pm. Good cable TV with enough channels. The hotel also has a small quiet bar/restaurant on the ground floor which seems to do very little business.

If you use the bathroom on the ground floor note that the light switch is on the rightside behind the door. Makes for good fun if you are in a hurry and do not know where to look.

The place has an elevator.

I like the room layout as the living areas and sleeping areas are separate. There's a small sofa, chair, coffee table and fan in the living area.

If you are staying there, check the water temp in the shower as they use a heating system which can make it difficult to get the proper temp. If you are planning on staying there, ask to see the room and check the water temp to make sure you are satisfied.

In the bathroom, one of the mirrors covers an opening to a shaft. Maybe this is used for maintenance or something.

Most people seem not to have heard of this place as I never had a problem getting a room. Once I arrived and checked in around the 29th of December without a reservation. With the location being a 2~3 minute walk to Soi 6 and an 8 minute walk to Big C, you would think the place would be busier.

FatherMojo

Thanks a lot FatherMojo. Great report on the detail of the hotel. Sounds like a good place to lay my head at! I'll give them a couple of more days and then I'll call them to make the reservation. So on a scale of 1-10 what would you rate? Ten being the best ... zarusoba

• 1 year later...

I am in need of assistance...Last time when I was in Pattaya, I stayed at the Pine Wing Suites (A place I reccomend). The Hotel was in midst of a face-lift and renaming. Does anyone know what is the new name of the Hotel and if they have a web-site.

Is this some sort of wind up and have I fallen for it big style ,because the place you are talking about and giving links to is a site for a furniture warehouse or something like it .

http://www.pinewing.com/

and the contact link is the same place

http://www.pinewing.com/index.php?lay=show...le&Id=49535

No this is no joke...there used to be a site for this hotel before it changed it's name. If you are looking under Pine Wing Suites you will never find it because the Hotel has changed it's name. There in lies my problem...I don't know the new name.

Stayed there last Dec/Jan - Have to say I enjoyed the accomodation and good value at peak season for 1000 baht a night.

I currently have the managers business card in front of me - it does say www.pinewing.com but as you know the site doesnt work !

Other contact details: email INFO@Pinewing.com Tel 038-362273-5 FAX 038-361821 and the manager/owner was PA 0813401177 - Hope this helps !

Thanks for the info...I too have stayed there before (best value for the buck if you ask me) The staff was always pleasant AND THERE WERE NEVER ANY ISSUES WITH BRINGING A LADYFRIEND BACK WITH ME. I have met the manager she is a nice lady. The last time I was there she was meeting with the bank to complete financing for the remodelling of the Hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked the link and all I can say is WOW. The have juiced the daily rate.

Last time I stayed there it was like 1,000 baht for the Single Suite over New Year's. Regarding the remodeling, the only change I can see from the pictures is that they now have in-room safes and have changed the lobby area. 1,500 per night seems expensive to me.

That pool is in the lobby area and I have never seen anyone use it. In fact, I think it should be filled as it is too small for just about anything. Maybe it is 10 meters long. Seriously.

1,500.... If you go, try to bargain and bargain hard.

Room Rate Incl. All Taxes (Max. 4Pers)

Single Suite charges

1 day 1,500

10 - 30 Days 1,200

Monthly 25,000

Master Suite charges

1 day 3,000

10 - 30 Days 2,400

Month 50,000

Check out time 12.00 Hr. Late checkout 1/2 Room price

Cheers,

FatherMojo

PS - The picture of Avatar Girl was taken in this hotel. :)

Edited by FatherMojo