Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best deal NZ-Thai

Hi guys I am now getting desparate and need to buy my ticket for upcoming Oct/Nov trip.Unlike previous 2 years there does not appear to be the bargain fares available at present,so would appreciate ANY tips on cheapest about at present.

Plan on leaving NZ between Oct 6/11 and staying for 4 weeks,any airline Okay.Thanks in advance. :clueless :lovee :clap1

stevoman,

In Australia I find travel.com.au and zuji.com.au by far the best for cheap flights. I booked for November @ $840au with Thai Air compared to $1700au on the Thai web site.

I know my friend booked late October on zuji.co.nz flying from AKL - BKK with Thai he tells me it was just under $1200nz compared to over $2000 on the Thai web site.

In my experince from Australia travel.com.au is slightly cheaper than zuji.com.au but there isn't a great deal of difference. I don't think travel.com.au has a sister site for nz but zuji does.

If zuji.co.nz doesn't help look up travel.com.au, check out Sydney - Bangkok which should only be about $900au at the most and perhaps try getting a Virgin Airlines flight from NZ to Sydney cheap as they have sales on at the moment.

I find the Thai web site a joke in Australia, far to expensive, I always manage to get a flight for close to half price around November via one of the web sites above.

Hope some of that helps.

onelilley

• 2 weeks later...
stevoman,

In Australia I find travel.com.au and zuji.com.au by far the best for cheap flights. I booked for November @ $840au with Thai Air compared to $1700au on the Thai web site.

onelilley

plus tax $250 i would suggest

Aussielongboat,

You would suggest incorrectly. I am travelling Nov 1st - November 11th $841au all taxes included on Thai Airways. I get this sort of deal each year from travel.com.au usually they have very cheap deals but oct-Nov seems the cheapest. Zuji.com.au is similar but usually about $100au more expensive.

Go to travel.com.au and check it out yourself if you are a doubter. I just had a look and it is currently $845au as taxes change.

onelilley

Just looked at the Thai air web site, they now have that period for the same price.

The price has dropped dramatically on the Thai Air website, it must be a really slow month for them.

The introduction of Jetstar may keep prices for Thai Air and Singapore Air down for longer periods, here's hoping anyway

onelilley.

Onelilley

At present the best deal for October is as you say available on Thai's own website.Here in NZ the price is $NZ1250 or $1203 for 28 day duration.The travel .co. au website here in NZ is incorporated in the Zuji site so no help.