Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

METRO APARTMENTS PATTAYA

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments, LBJ and Braveheart.

Tried to follow the link but it took me nowhere. :finger

Someone also sent me an email suggesting a review of the place but as it's mine I won't offer a review of it myself! Perhaps one of you guys - if / when you have time. :D

Dennis

Sorry the link didn't work. Apply to get into the members area (I see you are only registered at the moment) and the link will work once you are a member. :banana

There's a lot more information in the members area and a lot more fun as well.

i would like to see a review to.

But we can get the informations direct from the source now.

1. Is there Ubc cable, sophon or banglamung cable ?

2. There is no restaurant is there ?

3. Any appointment with other hotels to use theire pool ?

4. How many rooms are there and are some of the rooms noisey ?

i would like to see a review to.

But we can get the informations direct from the source now.

1. Is there Ubc cable, sophon or banglamung cable ?

2. There is no restaurant is there ?

3. Any appointment with other hotels to use theire pool ?

4. How many rooms are there and are some of the rooms noisey ?

Yes there is cable but I don't know which

no restaurant but plenty nearby

dont know

10 rooms /never was noisey unless repairs being made no earlier than 9am

THFC, here is a portion of my last trip report for you since it appears you are not a member yet and can not access it:

After doing a lot of reading in hotel reviews, I picked the Metro Apartments. The owner Dennis is a great guy and really laid back. The rooms are great and I paid 6500 baht for 13 nights. The only problem I had was the mattress was too hard for my back. I slept poorly most nights but I should also add that I never inquired about another room. Maybe Dennis has rooms with softer beds, I don't know.

PattayaOct2006018_800x600.jpg

PattayaOct2006025_800x600.jpg

PattayaOct2006026_800x600.jpg

I apologize for these next two photos, my nose must have gotten in the way.

PattayaOct2006027_800x600.jpg

PattayaOct2006028_800x600.jpg

PattayaOct2006029_800x600.jpg

PattayaOct2006030_800x600.jpg

The bar itself is very nice with three free pool tables for paying customers and free internet use as well. His drink selection is wide and to be honest I had never heard of some of his offerings.

PattayaOct2006011_800x600.jpg

PattayaOct2006012_800x600.jpg

PattayaOct2006013_800x600.jpg

PattayaOct2006014_800x600.jpg

Info:

UBC in bar downstairs for footie, rugby, cricket, etc as and when available on Starsports or ESPN.

Australia network for Aussie sports coverage. on Sophon cable. Sophon cable in rooms.

Looking at other possibilities JSAT and Setanta.

No food offered but available in the vicinity.

Rooms 8x30 and 2x40 sq. m.

Rooms quiet.

Hot shower, aircon, fan, in-room safe, DVD, TV, DVD and book library for guests.

Currently guests use pool at Metropole behind us - some as guests of regulars in the bar and others for 100 Baht all day fee.

LBJ - pretty accurate report.

Beds: soft or hard? One says soft, one says hard; both are right - just as a glass is half empty even when it's half full.

<grin

Same as LBJ, this is what I posted in another thread:

I stayed there in May/June and had no problems at all.

It is in a newer building, clean and well looked after. Housekeeping service daily. Clean sheets and towels. Minibar. In room safe. TV and DVD player in room. Large wardrobe. Kettle for making coffee or tea. The corner room that I stayed in on the top floor (Rm #10) had a good sized wraparound balcony as well. In room WIFI for those that bring their laptops.

In the lobby they have a decent bar (w/BGs), a large screen TV and 4 well looked after pool tables. There is also a free internet computer in the lobby that guests can use. There are frequently a few FLs hanging around as well.

The location is fine just around the corner is Lolita's, Champagne AGG and Lloydies bar. There are plenty of cheap places to eat nearby and many beer bars on Soi Buakhaow and Soi Diana. Most services are also available within a couple of minutes walk and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to Soi 8 depending on how quickly you walk. On Soi Buakhaow you can also catch a baht bus going in either direction and you will end up on either end of 2nd road.

Since I left there they have changed ownership and Ian & Aor no longer run the place, Dennis the new owner seems to be an OK guy and I have chatted briefly with him on another board. As far as I know he is not planning any major changes but he is willing to listen to his customers.

The one drawback that many people have with the apartments is that the electricity goes out when you remove the key card from the plate and then you are unable to charge phones or laptop batteries and you cannot leave the AC on when you go out. The old policy was that if you cut the card off of the keychain then you forfeited your 1000 bt damage deposit. I do not know if Dennis still has this policy in effect or not.

Hi Braveheart:

2 changes:

1. I have had additional sockets installed in all rooms so that lap tops, phones etc can be charged even when the keycard is removed and the power is off. It was a misconception that the fridge went out when the card was extracted - it doesn 't.

2. I have had the a/c overhauled and faulty wiring corrected. True the a/c goes off when the card is removed - because they consume substantial amounts of power/money when left on all day. For guests who absolutely need to have the a/c on even when they are out of the room - I can do a deal - TIT!

<grin

Recent question by email requires this answer:

Yes, barfines possible - up to the girl if yes or no.

Thanks for the info Denis. I'll probably be in touch soon about staying there in February, provided you have a room available as I'm sure you are receiving plenty of business now especially with all the favourable reviews I have seen in the past few months.

One question. Is Mam still working there? She got upset with me last time for not being able to beat me at pool, although she did get several drinks out of the deal.

Hi Denis M

You mentioned some guests use the Metropole's pool for 100 baht.

Is it possible to use the Metropole's fitness gym and how much? If you don't know, any chance of picking up the phone and asking?

Seriously considering your excellent eststablishment next year <grin

Thanks in advance

Glad to see you here Denis (Dennis).

I'll be back in May probably if you have a soft mattress for me. Tell Nok I said hi. :banana

Edited by LBJ
Glad to see you here Denis (Dennis).

I'll be back in May probably if you have a soft mattress for me. Tell Nok I said hi.

I just noticed your signature line Jeff, I love it. Let me know if you ever find a girl that perfect and find out if she has a sister! :banana

I am going to go again the flow of this thread and post about a negative experience that I had with this establishment. While I was in Pattaya in September I had a look at quite a few rooms in Soi LK Metro. My aim at that time was to find somewhere were I could stay each trip. I was shown a very nice large room on the first floor and thought that it would do very nicely. I made bookings for October and into November, December and January and I think for the trip following that.

On arrival I found myself in a smaller room on the third floor. I didn't say anything when I was taken to the room as I wanted to make sure that what I remembered was correct. As I arrived late on the first day I had other priorities. The next day I check my receipt and it had written on it that I had the larger room booked (ie room number 1.)

I approached the receptionist about it who spoke to Denis about the situation. She stated that she had told me before I left the last time that they had changed my room. However, this was not the case as I would have asked to see the room to make sure that it was suitable.

Even though I was pissed of about being stuffed around there was something that pissed me off even more. Denis was present in the bar while I was talking to the receptionist. He was fully aware of what was going on. At no stage did he talk directly to me and in no way offered an apology. I stayed 2 nights while I sorted out other accommodation and I cancelled all of my bookings with them. I will not stay at this hotel again.

When I checked out I told the receptionist that I had the prior dealings with that I didn't think much of her boss' attitude. She said that he was a good man with a good heart. Perhaps he is good to his employees but in my case he didn't look after his customer. He knew that I was a potential long term customer and apparently he didn't give a shit.

Scumbag,

It is true that you checked in late evening and did not mention anything that night.

It is also true that the next morning you complained to the receptionist. When she spoke to me she said she'd said previously to you that the room had been changed. This is a point you dispute. Now that I have read your complaint I have searched for and found the receipt for the room deposit made 5 September. It does state room 1 but the receptionist maintains that you were told about the room change.

The receptionist told me that you were checking out - period!

I am sorry if you feel that I didn't give a shit as you put it. I place great importance on any guest's well-being while staying with us which I believe many of our guests would confirm. I spoke to the receptionists later and I was presented with the fait accompli that your were checking out and had cancelled your other bookings. I should have spoken to you and expressed my regrets over the situation and now publicly apologise to you for not having done so at the time. I can assure you that had not other things been on my mind, I would have reacted in a more customer-oriented fashion which would have, perhaps, met your expectations.

It is never too late to apologise and I repeat that apology now. I sincerely hope you holiday has not been spoiled and that you are satisfied with your current accommodation.

ben99

I will find out regarding gym and the price. I know it has been done in the past but I will have to enquire about the rate.

LBJ

Soft / hard ... it's like a glass it's both half empty and half full at the same time! Perhaps a fatter lady? :nod

Mackem Stu

I have thought of credit cards but it isn't as straight-forward as I thought. Anyway, if I were to do that I would try to make it part of an online, instant booking process, where room availability was visible. I will be talking to my website guy in the coming days and will pick his brain a bit on the issue.

Braveheart,

Got and replied to the email. Don't seem to have a PM facility at all! :drunk

Don't seem to have a PM facility at all! :D

Hi

I could be wrong but maybe you need to register as full member to have the PM facility,maybe you could send an email to MM or Pattaya Pete?

never stayed at your place rooms look good,drank at the bar though :D

Braveheart,

Got and replied to the email. Don't seem to have a PM facility at all! :unsure:

Hi

I could be wrong but maybe you need to register as full member to have the PM facility,maybe you could send an email to MM or Pattaya Pete?

never stayed at your place rooms look good,drank at the bar though :cry2

I think Paul got it right Denis. You need to become a full member to have this facility. Paul's suggestion is on the mark. :D