Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Are you sure the pub still exists, or if it does if they still have the guesthouse? I think it's in the same house as a new business will start in december and it has 12 rooms. You can read more about that business after you're let inside.

Edited by elef
Are you sure the pub still exists, or if it does if they still have the guesthouse? I think it's in the same house as a new business will start in december and it has 12 rooms. You can read more about that business after you're let inside.

The place to which you are referring is a couple of shop houses down.

Cock and Bull is still around. I've known people who have stayed there, and the reports are spotty. I haven't met anyone who has stayed there (or who has told me they were staying there) in the last year, however.

Have stayed there 3 times in the last 12months,the most recent being Oct/Nov this year.I cannot speak highly enough of the room quality and fittings.I know the owner (Jeff) put his prices up for the so called high season so cannot quote these.

No Web site as yet but E-mail to address below and you will recieve any answers to your queries,or PM me for further details

"koh samui"<jeffkohsamui@hotmail.co.uk>

Stayed in june, very big room around 700 baht,

the room I stayed in was the corner room on the 1st floor

in the pic above.

Jeff, the owner is a good guy and will always try to help

you.

He was at the time looking for somebody to run the

place for him since by his own admission guesthouse

management is not really his game.

I had planned to stay for 2 1/2 weeks but the bar owner

across the road seemed to have a problem with everybody

and kept blearing out music until 5 am, it was if he was trying

to upset everyone it would be dead quiet for 40 secs then

the music came on full blast for 40 secs and it would be like

that until around 4/5 am.

After 4 nights I explained the problem and moved out, which

was a shame because it was a great room at a really good price.

I went into Route 69 on soi 6 one day and picked a real stunner,

she told me she had the room next to me when

I was in the C & B, By this time I had moved places and not mentioned

the C & B to her(they do not miss a thing), If had known this I would

have said fuck the noise and stayed @ the C&B.

Stayed at cock and bull 1 year ago august good price,no probs except bed a bit hard,a comon ocurrence in cheaper digs pattaya, would consider staying again . stayed opposite last xmas watch out for concert in street new years eve,noise mak! mak!

RANGER

Hi mate,I too had the same room as you,number 14,for 1 month Oct/Nov,and have stayed there 3 times now.Fortunately the construction opposite is now approaching completion after 10 long months,however now constrution of the new "EDEN" club is also ongoing so no quiet sleeps.

I concur with your posting about that ignorant twat opposite (STORM) and despite many complaints from fellow owners in the neighbourhood he continues with his "Fuck you" attitude.One good thing however is that we don't have to admire his "Baby of the millinium" being paraded around for all to admire!

P.S. The bed is still as hard as concrete.

Edited by stevoman

stevoman, it was partially on your advice I stayed there

and I thank you for that.

Can you tell me what the prick from storms

"baby of the millnium" is about ?

If that twat moved from the place I would

stay again next trip.

How many times did the sliding door to the

balcony fall out with you ? or was it me being

heavy handed ?

Is the girl called NEE from route 69 still

staying there ?

I use a memory foam mattress at home

so the mattress did seem a bit rigid,although

I did not sleep much for various reasons .

Edited by ranger

i own a place along the road from the cock and bull, im told its quite nice inside , but if i was staying there or if i owned the place and a neighbouring bar kept upsetting me or my customers and was costing me money , then id need to do something about it.

if after trying to talk with the offender and getting no joy, then id feel within my rights to make a complaint to the police.

the law states music has to stop at 1 am in this area so anybody doing what you accuse the neighbour of doing is breaking the law.

you could try violence, but your better off with the police.

I stayed at the Cock and Bull a couple of weeks ago (Nov 12-16) and had a pleasant stay indeed. Room 13 was very large , clean, the tv and CD/DVD functioned well, and all for 700 baht per, a deal I thought.

The Brit who owns the place seemed very accomodating, the staff was friendly and when I asked for more than the alloted two towels per day, no one had a hissy fit.

I asked how mutt that same room would cost on a monthly basis and was told 20,000 which, IMHO, seemed pricey. That said, I definitely would recommend the place for short-term lodging.

Lolitas is about 40 meters from the place so a thorough pipe cleaning can be gotten with no friction of distance, and the coffee at Don's Blackrock guest house just up the soi is tolerable.

Rgds, Jimmy