Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What's on telly tonight

I'm not sure how technically minded you are so not too sure how to answer you.

My modems can work on a DOCSIS or EURODOCSIS network.

My ISP is Virgin Media. At the moment they only offer 10 Mbps (to non business customers) but on the first of May this year they will be doubling it to 20 :D

This is probably still slow by USA standards, not sure but more than adequate for my present needs :clueless

To try and answer your question......

I don't 'Uncap' the modem. The modem is capable of (I think) 30 Mbps as standard. It's not restricted in anyway.

The method used to obtain 'FREE' service is by cloning the MAC address and IP of a subscriber who is on a different part of the network.

Much the same as cloning somebody's credit card, except that no alarm bells start ringing because the subscriber pays for his service every month, unlike with credit cards where there are third party transactions involved.

The necessary MAC and IP can be 'sniffed' over the network using certain software.

I then sift through the results that I have 'sniffed' and discard all the low cost/bandwidth combinations and keep a list of the 10 Mbps combos.

I then use certain software and hardware to reprogramme my modems with the details that I have 'sniffed.'

Voila ! Free and anonymous high speed broadband :eyecrazy

See here for related topic........

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=451608

Edit: Welcome to the board :D

cool cool ... i use to do some thing similar when i was on roadrunner :)

im not all that technical but when comcast took over and switched to DOCSIS , i got shut down quickly and have been stuck paying for my ISP since :(

anyway , thanks for the welcome !!!

i learned about pattaya and thailand from a friend of mine and have been dieing to get my arse there ASAP !!!

Edited by nek0s
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

question for pete:

pete is there any proxy server that you could use to fool companies into thinking your located in uk.

I'm looking at channel 4 on demand system as well as sky anytime. Unfortunately they do a ip check for uk.....grrrrrr

There are public proxys available which would achieve this but they are generally very slow and they come and go very quickly. You may find one that works with google but it probably wont be fast enough to watch TV. Also the Thai authorities quite often block public proxies to stop people getting around their censorship.

If you are really desperate you could rent some internet space on a UK provider and run your own proxy on it. I have an american server and I run a proxy on it enabling me to have a US ip address which can be useful sometimes. It is still considerably slower than a direct connection though.

Hilly or Pete,

Right now I'm in the same situation, trying to buy a 52 inch Plasma or LCD, but haven't had much luck around Pattaya. Big C is a rip off, obviously, with bad selection, but I'm stuck as to where else to go. I'd be eternally in your debt if you could send the name of the shop in Naklua, and any directions, so I can look at the same Samsung LCD model you picked up. If you don't want to share with the board, you can PM me directly at sanukcanuck@gmail.com.

Much appreciated,

SC

I am happy to recommend this guy. I have sent over a dozen people his way and they all report great service and competitive prices.

I am not at home at the moment so I don't have their busines card and I never can remember the name but it is easy to find. Head up to Naklua via the Dolphin roundabout. Once you are in Naklua town, the shop is on the corner where the first traffic lights are. There is an electronics shop on each corner. The one you want is on the furtherest away corner. If you turn right at the lights it will be the shop on the left. Ask to speak with the boss and tell him Peter sent you. He'll give you a good deal.

He seems to be able to get whatever you need even if he does not have it in stock. If you want to have a look at a unit first then the Central Department store at Chit Lom in Bangkok has a huge selection on display on the 6th floor. I often window shop there then get my Naklua man to order what I want for me.

• 2 months later...

This is just too good not to share :bigsmile:

My teenage son turned me on to this site:

http://tv-links.co.uk/

Basically it a site that works like youtube except that it seems to have TONS of television and movie content. Some links work better then others and some shows are complete while others are missing some episodes. But it's well worth taking a peek.

Shilo

That one plus 32 others at:

http://duggmirror.com/television/33_Ways_t...Free_TV_Online/

Mashable of course is blocked in Thailand, so you'll need a proxy to see the list of TV sites, some of which you'll need a proxy to watch.

That duggmirror link above is not blocked, it seems.

This is just too good not to share

My teenage son turned me on to this site:

http://tv-links.co.uk/

Basically it a site that works like youtube except that it seems to have TONS of television and movie content. Some links work better then others and some shows are complete while others are missing some episodes. But it's well worth taking a peek.

Shilo

Can you save these ? trying to see how but I'm not clued up on this sort of thing !

When you click on one and start watching the program..look at the bottom to see what site is the host. For example there was one that was called Veoh. I went there and it had a way to download and save the files.

BUT: in my case when I tried to download the Veoh player it caused a problem with my computer. I'm pretty sure that it was a "lack of memory" problem on my computer's part. Anyway, the site that I posted is just collecting stuff from other sites. Go to the source (host site) and you might have better luck with downloads.

Help !

I am trying to run programs off the tvlinks site. It tells me I don't have an MIME plugin. I am using a Mac and have downloaded DIVX.

Also, Pete, the customizable radio site is great! Thanks.

Have any of you guys managed to get a good enough signal in any of the hotels to get a good picture and playback. We like the odd night watching telly during our stays (I know sad ain't it) but sophon is so bad now that its not worth bothering with. What you be the best way with a good laptop and cables to have a descent nights viewing or alternatively which hotels offer more than sophon.