Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 183 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Getting money out of Thailand

I have read a number of threads where there are comments about once you bring money into LOS, you will not be able to get it back out in case you want to. This may be a newbie question, but I could not find any answer. :dhorse Do the Thai banks refuse to transfer funds to overseas accounts? Is there a regulation or tax on money leaving the country? Is this based upon personal experiences of BMs? I think it is important to know as it affects how much money you put into your account. Thanks for the anwer.

Edited by phw10

If you can show that you used the bank system for sending the money to Thailand there's no problem sending the money out again. However, if you brought cash to Thailand you can have a problem.

I don't normally take money out. It's the other way around for me. :D The one time I DID take money out, I went to my Thai bank and had a bank check for US dollars made out to my US bank. The exchange rate was pretty good, the check was very inexpensive and it was very easy. If you are not planning to leave the country and just want to move money, send the check to your bank via Thai EMS. It cost 600 baht but it is good fast and safe service.

If you transferred money from abroad and can show the Foreign Exchange Transaction Form (previously Tor Tor Sam) delivered by your bank, you will have no problem to transfer the equivalent amount back to another country. If you brought in cash, as elef mentioned, it may be more difficult.