Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi guys just wanted everyone to know what great service i received when i booked through mr toom, my first booking was in june 2006 the plane come in right on time when i went through customs in bangkok there was a guy waiting for me with a sign with my name on it, he was an excellent driver and did not ask for any tips or to pay for tolls like some do even though they are included in the price. The second time i booked him was in march 2007 my plane come in an hour early so i thought i might have to wait for an extra hour before i get picked up, when i went through customs i was very surprised and impressed to see a gentleman there already with a sign with my name on it, he to was a good driver and didnt ask for anything. I did give them both a 200baht tip at my destination because they where so good. Once agian thank you mr.toom and will book again for my trip in december.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used Mr. Toom's service quite a few times now and have never been let down. I also recommend him to all my friends. I have booked online, called the night before in Pattaya for an early pick-up a couple of times for guys that inadvertantly forget to book their departure. I have had him pick up a buddy at Soi LK Metro and then go Soi Nam Plerb Wan to get the other guy. Never had a problem and never had a buddy tell me that they had any issues.

I have booked Mr. Toom again on May 23 and will be very happy to see the "Mr. Larry" sign when I step out from the inner bowels of Suvarnabhumi Airport.

here here i like tooms service ive called him from bkk was there in an hour and from pattaya he only needs an hour or so and he will get you a taxi

excellent service i :ang2 keep his number in my fone <huh

Yet another thread praising Mr Toom so in the interest of fair play.

I do not like Mr Tooms service. My friend and I were totally ripped off and I will never use him again. :allright

I explained in a thread on my return last year and Mr Tooms reply was less than satisfactory. In fact he even accussed me of lie-ing and initially denied knowledge of his driver even collecting myself and my friend.

There are quite a few members who are delighted with him and often sing his praises but I feel it only fair to post that his service is not perfect. I am sure he will not miss my booking as I only travel annually and I will not miss him as there are many alternatives. To those that use him I hope he continues to provide good service for you all.

Hi Alex

Can you please briefly explain how you were ripped off?

Did the driver want 2500 baht for the journey?

Did the driver want the toll charges.

Did he offer 2 suck your cock and then charge YOU?

Did he drive you 2 a dark place and beat u up?

I'm considering using Mr Toom, so the info would be appreciated.

Ta!

Use... i have him booked for the 3rd time on 26th may, he does a good service, he hasnt let me down.. so i would say go ahead and use his service.

his e-mail toom39@msn.com

p.s his driver waited until my delayed flght landed one time... a good few hours late

Edited by newbie34

I'm considering using him from BKK to Pattaya next week.. What's his current rate ? Still 1200 bath?

Thanks for any information

I booked through him last year - I did have to send a couple of further e-mails before he replied.

He himself was not the driver but the service (after the initial concern) was fine - he even went off the main road to find a toilet for my young son who was travelling with me.

I have just used the taxi service provided by lostinspace (Paul). His very pleasant wife, Jan, was there to meet myself and my friend with my name clearly marked on the board she was holding up. Provided excellent conversation on route. Good, safe driver who knows her way around the Pattaya hotels. Also provides drinks without extra charge. So impressed I booked Jan for the return journey for which she was equally efficient.

As pointed out earlier there are a lot of people who sing the praises of Mr Toom. Good luck to all those who find his service acceptable. For me, I would never use Mr Toom again but would highly recommend the service provided by Paul and Jan. Both Mr Toom and lostinspace offer transport services which are theoretically the same . However, lostinspace actually turns up.

Surely there are many other taxi services that are fantastic and reliable.

I have been using Mr.Toom's taxi service for all my renters, and not one complaint. So I continue to trust him to deliver my customers to View Talay Condo, so I can meet their check-in each time.

Why not save yourself the uncertainty of your booked driver being there or not, and just spend an extra 600 baht for a taxi at the airport from the hawkers? I never pre-book taxi's. I always come out, and take the first hawker that will accept 1,800 baht, and has a relatively new car. What's another 600 baht? I don't miss it, and I never worry about whether my car is going to be there or not.

Some people are just "kee neeyoh mak mak" to the point of bringing the un-needed anxiety.

Why not save yourself the uncertainty of your booked driver being there or not, and just spend an extra 600 baht for a taxi at the airport from the hawkers? I never pre-book taxi's. I always come out, and take the first hawker that will accept 1,800 baht, and has a relatively new car. What's another 600 baht? I don't miss it, and I never worry about whether my car is going to be there or not.

Some people are just "kee neeyoh mak mak" to the point of bringing the un-needed anxiety.

Why the hell would you do this when there are many very reliable services available for 1200 bht or less.Your option is always there should your driver not be there to meet you,luckily mine (Mr toom) has never let me down!

Still I suppose if you want to be another LDOP then that's your choice,what's another 600 bht,!Some people just feel the need to overpay. :clap2 :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I think that this thread demonstrates clearly that there are different strokes for different folks. Surely that is good. Fortunately travellers to LOS have options available. No one has a monopoly on the transport service provided from airport to ultimate destination. Accordingly, all those involved in the provision of transport services need to stay on top of their game otherwise they will find that they lose out to those who are able to provide a better service.

It must be said that there are cheaper transportation alternatives to that provided by Paul and Jan (lostinspace) in terms of transfer from Bangkok airport to Pattaya. I can only speak for myself, but I take into account criteria such as personality, reliability, type of vehicle used and all-round service in the equation as to which particular service provider to use. Others may be driven by other single factors, such as cost.

Up to you.

I for one like to know whom I am dealing with, getting off the plane and using the first person to shove an advertising board under my nose isn't really what I want after my flight. It is a lot more of a pain in the neck for me than looking for a board with my name on it by a reputable taxi service such as Mr Toom.

I have used Mr Toom many times, never let me down, and even turned up on very short noice.

What's another 600 baht? A short time the way I look at it. :D

onelilley.

You are right -- some people just have the need to overpay....I also disagree with his take and advice on this subject. But remember, it was he who in the General Discussion topics who recently said that he was a long-time permanent resident who could not find a decent person to have a drink with in Patts....the way he is "throwing baht around" could be a turn-off for some "decent" mates.

You are right -- some people just have the need to overpay....I also disagree with his take and advice on this subject. But remember, it was he who in the General Discussion topics who recently said that he was a long-time permanent resident who could not find a decent person to have a drink with in Patts....the way he is "throwing baht around" could be a turn-off for some "decent" mates.

I am by no means an over payer. I am "kei neo mak" if you ask some of the girls I know. But, I do not mind spending a little more when the situation demands it. I would rather take a taxi that is licensed through the airport, rather than some private operation.

600 baht = what about $17.50 USD ? Very small price to pay for my security and piece of mind.

I don't take the very first one that puts their board in my face thank you very much. I tend to stick with the ones that have desks at lobby area.

This is my personal preference, if others want to save the 600 baht so be it.

OK Stinky - sounds reasonable to me - perhaps I will try to look you up in July and August and I will buy you a cool one. Differences of opinion and the such is what makes the world go round - cheers.