Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

ATM CASH DEPOSITS

BE CAREFUL WITH ATM CASH DEPOSITS

This morning I went to my Kasikorn Branch in Jomtien to deposit 20 000 Baht into my Savings Account. I used the Cash deposit ATM outside the bank. I followed the prompts and put my 20 000 Baht into the tray. When the screen said 20 000 THB. Correct? I hit the YES button and retrieved my ATM card.

I then went to update my Passbook on the adjacent ATM machine for Passbook Updates. You have guessed it. The 20 000 Baht I had just deposited were missing from my account.

It took them half an hour inside the bank to correct the mistake. Their final answer was that sometimes the magnetic strip on the ATM cards does not work. Why didn’t the ATM machine return my 20 000 Baht then? I wonder what would have happened, if I would not have checked my bank balance? Would the Kasikorn Bank have been 20 000 Baht richer? :lovee

Always do your ATM transactions during banking hours, when it is possible to get a bank worker to assist.

Didn't the machine give you a receipt ? :lovee

Yes, It did.

DATE 04/07/07

TRANSACTION DECLINED

CONTACT BANK

TOTAL CASH 20.000

DEPOSIT AMOUNT 20 000

My point is, what happens if you don't follow it up and why doesn't the machine return the cash if it is not credited to your account?

I went to a atm machine in syborghouse, so many diffrent spellings, It took my card and went through the process , right up to giving me my money . But no money . i tryed again befor i had thought about it. same again just retured my card no cash , I wounder if my account has been debited of the cash and no cash recieved..made a note of time and date which machine. it was a nationwide card.

Edited by friendlyric6411
Guest henkes

Ok, this is a tricky one, if somebody from the bank would had pocketed the 20K, you would have no proof or whatsoever.

Few years ago I wanted to withdraw some munny in BKK, but after entering my PIN the machine froze, with my card in the slot, so I explained my promplem to some chick at the bank, but she thought it was some kind of funny <huh , and told me to come back next tuesday (it happened on friday), so I demanded to speak to the manager, and he gave me the same shit, and told me he could do fuck all about the problem, but after some persuation I got them to call the HQ, and in a miraculous way he suddenly produced a key to open the ATM, and there was my card, but the battle wasn't over yet, before returning it he demanded me to produce my passport, but it was 15 minutes before closing time, lucky for me I stayed in soi 18 around the corner, but it still was a fucking long walk to the end of 18, made it just in time, sweating like a pig of course, but the worst thing was that the cunt didn't even offer me a glass of water or a slight apology for the inconvenience.

I bet they were speculating on me not returning on time and being kicked out of my loom for not being able to pay the bill, yeah another stupid farang bites the dust. :lovee :finger

• 2 weeks later...

i thought although you had a receipt for the 20k it would not be updated in your passbook until it had been counted and verified. Otherwise you could deposit 10k and yet say it was 20k and then go out and draw 20k (I am assuming you put the money in an envolope and deposit it that way?)