Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

what's near Residence Gardens?

I have ben looking at RG and it's a distinct possibility for our next trip - can anyone help with info about the general area and what's nearby?? Restaurants, supermarkets, etc etc as we've never ventured that far! :rolleyes:

If anyone has some pics (or could take some???) of the streets around that area it would be much appreciated

:unsure:

Thank you

Hi Mandajay,I have a vested interest in this thread as I'm booked in The Residence Garden for a month next January.

From what I have been able to ascertain from the hotel reviews(the most recent I could find being November 2006) and some general posts on this board.There is a 24 hour Supermarket directly opposite and there is also a laundry which is very reasonable.Dunno about any restaurants other than the Captain's Table on site,but I'm sure there are other BMs that can give some more up to date information.It would also be good if anyone can give any info on landmarks as to when to ring the bell on the baht bus(particularly at night)so as not to go careering by R.G :chogdee

There's also an excellent outdoor Thai buffet/hot pot restaurant up the hill a bit; I can't remember exactly where but it's easy walking distance. There is a good internet cafe right next door (1 baht/minute) and a Thai massage center across the street in the same building as the mini-mart.

If you walk out the RG, turn right, walk down about 150 yds, you will find a long St of shops and street vendors selling everything, a 20/30 min walk up and down, and your ready for a dip in the pool when you get back. The RG is not that far from the main areas of entertainment, but just enough to give you quiet and 'unhurried' hol experience.

The main block/front entrance is all 1 bed suites and the next block, other side of the Restaurant, I think is all 2 bed suites, the 2nd, much quieter pool is behind this 2nd block, but is a bit too shaded in the PM.

There is Sat photo of the RG in relation to the rest of Patts in the newbies section, with a marker for the FLB.

Edited by SOLOTREKKER

For a Wednesday lunchtime, wake up and then take a short 'constitutional' to Jade.

Out of the hotel, turn left and turn left again opposite the Hotel California. Go through the white arches and it's on the right.

You pay 200 baht for a very good barbecue and this gives you a 200 baht discount voucher against your checkbin. Lots of ladies working on a Wednesday and the all in price for a short time I believe is now is around 1000 baht.

Lots of ladies working on a Wednesday and the all in price for a short time I believe is now is around 1000 baht.

Has it really gone up that much? I haven't been there this year, but last year I was paying 600/700.

I've got to be honest and say that there is not a great deal around the RG to recommend. There is a lot more than even 2 years ago but I don't rate the pasta joint (cheap and cheerful but low quality), some stuff you see is actually further up the hill than you want to walk. There is a 7/11 and a laundry.

Overall, I reckon you stay at the RG because you get a one bedroomed suite for Bt1400 which would cost a lot more in town. People who want to be in town either pay more for the same or compromise and get smaller accommodation. I liked the setup and stayed there for months before I found my own place.

Its not too far out and affords a trip into Jomtien within 10 minutes. Likewise you can get to Walking Street in 5 minutes on a bus. I find it hard to fault at the price.

Our main consideration were for a supermarket, laundry and places to grab something to eat quickly - sounds like it's all within easy distance - and anything more that we want just needs a quick baht bus ride.

Torre - your recommendation as a trusted pal has closed the deal :banghead see you in April :cry2