Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Bay Resort - Deluxe Room Images

I would like to disagree with your point about extra charges for utilities. In Thailand, the utility cost vs labour cost is FAR higher than in the western world.

This charge is really standard in Thai for long time stays,

Other than that, your post is spot on.

I'll double that. Most long-stay places charge for electric and water -- I've never been to one that did not. I've stayed at places with higher rates and some with lower. The charges were very reasonable.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the insight and pics.

I have one, what is probably a ridiculous question, but I'll ask it anyways as I have no idea how that works. Roughly, how much does the elecrticity and water end up costing for a month after all is said and done. I know it depends on usuage levels, but I am after a ballpark guesstimate here. Are we talking 1000s or 100s of baht for a single, average user in a standard room? Related to that, how does the tracking of that occur? Is the usuage transparent or can they more or less claim any amount they please without anyone being able to verify the amount?

Thanks for the insight.

I stayed there for 1 month in January, total bill was around 21,000 baht, so around 2000 baht for utilities. All in all a great place to stay, great location, very clean, and very friendly staff, they were very helpful. Nice pool on the roof-top and good restaurant there also, very little construction noice. I would definitely stay here again.

• 1 month later...
I have one, what is probably a ridiculous question, but I'll ask it anyways as I have no idea how that works. Roughly, how much does the elecrticity and water end up costing for a month after all is said and done. I know it depends on usuage levels, but I am after a ballpark guesstimate here. Are we talking 1000s or 100s of baht for a single, average user in a standard room? Related to that, how does the tracking of that occur? Is the usuage transparent or can they more or less claim any amount they please without anyone being able to verify the amount?

1. I would like to know the same (standard room, one month).

Also:

2. What is the cost of extra fresh linen?

3. What pricerange/quality of the restaurant (like, how much is breakfast)?

4. I understand that it's not recomended to get a room beneath the gym, because of the noise. Do you have any other comments regarding room placement (sun, noise, for example)?

BTW, great photos :)

Thanks!

Edited by Inocybe
1. I would like to know the same (standard room, one month).

When I stayed in August, my water/electricity bill was under 3,000 baht.

3. What pricerange/quality of the restaurant (like, how much is breakfast)?

It's one of the best hotel restaurants in town. It's an offshoot of Cherry Restaurant on Third Road. I was a fan of Cherry before PBR opened. The menu is very similar. Breakfast, however, is only above average. The standard breakfast is 110, I believe. They have a good minute steak and eggs for a little more. I do recommend heading over to Continental Bakery for breakfast, which is fairly close. Lunch and dinner are better in terms of quality and value.

When I stayed in August, my water/electricity bill was under 3,000 baht.

Can the electricity be controlled/tracked, or do we have to trust the staff?

Thanks for info regarding the restaurant.

Edited by Inocybe
Can the electricity be controlled/tracked, or do we have to trust the staff?

It's monitored by the staff. You can ask to check the balance every day if you wish.

Edited by MC_Ldop
It's monitored by the staff. You can ask to check the balance every day if you wish.

Every day sounds good. Then I could enter the values in Excel and make some good stats based on a set amount of aircon, TV and shower usage. Kidding :clap2

I would propably check it when check-in and maybe every week :)

Thanks!

Can anyone who's stayed in the standard room tell me what the bathrooms are like please - especially the shower?

The website says "walk in shower", so I know that it isn't over a bath, but doesn't say if it's one of those little square cubicles or, as seems to be more usual in Thailand, just in the corner of the bathroom with a shower curtain to stop splashes.

I ask because those cubicles are small and square and I'm large and round. :P

Can anyone who's stayed in the standard room tell me what the bathrooms are like please - especially the shower?

The website says "walk in shower", so I know that it isn't over a bath, but doesn't say if it's one of those little square cubicles or, as seems to be more usual in Thailand, just in the corner of the bathroom with a shower curtain to stop splashes.

I ask because those cubicles are small and square and I'm large and round. :P

The showers in the standard room do not have a tub. There is a slight incline from the main bathroom floor to the shower area, to help keep the water in the shower area. It's similar to what you describe, but with more space.

Just for more information, here are pics from the Mini-suite as well. I was there for a two week stay in April and the hotel is great.

P1000372_800x600.jpg

P1000373_800x600.jpg

I was on the side with the construction, and I really couldn't hear anything in the room. Try to get an even number room to put you on the quiet backside of the hotel.

Breakfast was included in my stay, including another one for any "guest" you may have, but I can't remember if that just came with the mini-suite or not.

I never used the pool, but it looked pretty nice.

The location is fine, right across the street is the new mall, 5 minutes to walk there - excellent Starbucks in there. I probably won't stay there again, as it is kinda expensive, but for my first trip, it was great, before I knew prices and locations.

Mike

aguy2006,

I was thinking of staying 30+ days in a standard room. So, even numbered rooms is on the quiet side of the hotel (also include standard rooms)? Would be nice to have it confirmed.

Yes, I know that the standard room is mall, but that don't bother me :)

The showers in the standard room do not have a tub. There is a slight incline from the main bathroom floor to the shower area, to help keep the water in the shower area. It's similar to what you describe, but with more space.

Thanks, that's all I needed to know. I'll confirm my booking for November.

My only problem with this place is this:

Low Season, (15 April to 31 October) Standard Room, Internet Daily Rate 999.00 baht per night, 1 or 2 persons, King size bed with private balcony. Plus, we will run a weekly promotion, for every six (6) nights paid you will receive one (1) night free. The rate includes: American or Asian Breakfast Plan for one (1) or two (2), daily room cleaning, fresh linen, bottled water and free WiFi and Internet. A 500.00 bat per night refundable security deposit (capped at 3,000.00 baht) is required upon check-in.

What hotel asks a 5oo baht a night security deposit?

Wierd......I will pass on this place.....

willieG

I am booked in for all of August so will comment after that. The manager e=mailed me the following.

E-mail 1

13,900.00 baht per month, 1 or 2 persons, plus 7.00 baht per kilowatt hour of electricity used and 150.00 baht per person, flat fee for water. A 10,000.00 baht refundable security deposit is required upon check-in. The monthly rate includes room cleaning, bottled water and fresh linen twice per week. The monthly rate is for 30 nights - additional nights are billed at 465.00 baht each.

E-mail 2

Thank you for contacting us about your trip to Pattaya. Please find below information regarding our room rates. Currently, we have both smoking or non-smoking standard rooms available for the dates you requested. Average electric is about 1,600.00 per month. All room charges are for 1 - 2 people

My son is also joining me from England and the following is the reply for his booking

E-mail 3

Low Season (15 April to 31 October), Standard Room, Internet Daily Rate - 999.00 baht per night, for 1 or 2 persons. The rate includes: American or Asian Breakfast Plan for one (1) or two (2), daily room cleaning, bottled water, fresh linen and free wifi and internet. A 500.00 baht per night refundable security deposit (capped at 3,000.00 baht) is required upon check-in.

We take VISA and Mastercard. No deposit is required to hold the reservation.

Sound good to me as I will not be spending all my time in Pattaya but to have a perminant room in patts for $20nz a night saves all the mucking around.

aguy2006,

I was thinking of staying 30+ days in a standard room. So, even numbered rooms is on the quiet side of the hotel (also include standard rooms)? Would be nice to have it confirmed.

Yes, I know that the standard room is mall, but that don't bother me :)

Yes, the even numbered rooms all have a view of just trees. I can't guarantee that it is super quiet, but my friend stayed on that side, and didn't have any problems with noise. It wasn't really loud on my side either, but sometimes I could hear the construction. I wake up early everday anyway, so it didn't really bother me.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info pn this place. I will be staying there soon.

We are arranging Airport pickup through the hotel. Has anyone used them? Was there any problems?

We are arranging Airport pickup through the hotel. Has anyone used them? Was there any problems?

Thanks for the info pn this place. I will be staying there soon.

I used the airport pickup service once. There were no problems at all.

after checking out numerous forums and checking with others we know that stayed there my wingman and i are booked into their deluxe rooms later this month. it works out to under 1,400/night with the 7 for 6 package. even though we are both newbies here we feel this hotel will be great for our first week here.

2nd week accomodations are open at this point