Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 997 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

WHERE ARE ALL THE CHEAP FLIGHTS?

Oman Air, Gatwick, four hours in Muscat*, £ 404, Airline Network, any good...?

*'Life can seem harder to bear when you have no time to stop and stare' :bigsmile:

Edited by flighty

Just booked Eva for a 3 week trip, May 3 to May 25, for £454.49 with eBookers. Went through quidco and paid with Egg Money card, so should get about £9 cash back.

I've been holding out for a Thai deal, but was well disapointed in the week when a £559 special came available! WTF!

:bigsmile:

Spud

Just a bit of advice...

The Majority of airlines release only a certain number seats on a flight at certain times. (to retain "Price Fixing")

Say a plane has 200 seats they will release seats in say blocks of 50-60 for sale at any 1 time, as they go on sale they start at a really low price and gradually rise to stupid amounts.

The emergence of online booking facilities has made it easier for airlines to carry out this process.

Also listen to what the travel consultant says to you on the phone..."There is not many seats left available sir, shall I go ahead and book that for you now sir?" Ker-chingggggg!

Take it from me I used to be a travel consultant!!

It happened to me...booked with airline network on 06 April 07 for £464, Inc taxes departing 05 May 07 on Etihad, 2 weeks later the same flights were available for £442 Inc taxes... :bigsmile:

The same thing was happening on the Etihad website the same flight was showing near the £500 mark at the time I booked and 2 weeks later was down to £460.

My flights were less than 2 thirds full on each leg!!!

I'm planning to fly out on 03 May checking flights with Etihad from Manchester cheapest price I'm getting at the moment is dead on £500 with Airline network, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and wait till about 3 weeks before my intended departure date.

Edited by OmarinUK

The "problem" for the mid-east airlines is that they are able to fill their flights from the mid-east to BKK with higher paying local travellers. Quite simply, their capacity cannot keep up with the demand, hence they have no reason to discount heavily on the route any more. Bearing in mind that five years ago Emirates was routinely priced at 480 quid and we have since had a tax increase and fuel surcharges going through the roof it shouldn't be a surprise that prices would start firming somewhere along the line.

For those desperate for the cheapest price it may be worth holding back to see what AirAsiaX come up with for their promised UK-KL route(s).

Flying from Glasgow end of June, Emirates looking for £730-£850 (westeast look best deal £720)

Same flights from NCL or MAN round about £500. ( Guess where i'm flying from????) NCL 2 1/2 hrs drive

JEM

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up biting the bullet and paying £449.50 with Qatar for April departure on Qatar air website direct.. No credit card charge which was usefull. If I had taken some of the earlier advice above I could have flown direct with Eva for about twenty quid more.

I wont dare to look at the prices now inacse they come down a bit. I am returning to LOS in June/July and the prices are still in the mid-upper five hundreds.

Thanks guys for those of you who gave some good advice.

Rascall

What amazes me, is the planes from Birmingham (Emirates) was nearly empty;

So it seems besides the heavy taxs:

That air line's like to fly empty planes instead of letting us get cheap seats;