Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Korat Immigration Office may close

The Korat immigration office has announced that it may close as it has had notification from Bangkok. For those of us living in Issan this is quite a blow, I appreciate that it does not affect Pattaya but the officers have mentioned that some offices south of Bangkok may also be closed. Those of us living up here are currently organising a petition with the full support of the officers at the Korat immigration office and putting posts on the Thai Immigration portal.

I would be surprised if Pattaya (Jomtiem) closed, that place is making money that Bill Gates would be proud of. Unless they would like that money to be going into the Bangkok coffers.

I would be surprised if Pattaya (Jomtiem) closed, that place is making money that Bill Gates would be proud of. Unless they would like that money to be going into the Bangkok coffers.

This could be a move towards the non personal system they have been talking about where applications can be made by post and email to a central office without the need for interviews. Personally I cant see it working but if it did then a great move for some of us.

This could be a move towards the non personal system they have been talking about where applications can be made by post and email to a central office without the need for interviews. Personally I cant see it working but if it did then a great move for some of us.
I certainly don't want to be sending my passport in the post to get a 1 week extension or a residence letter! Doesn't sound practical and hence would be a perfect move for LOS. :gulp Edited by jacko

"The Korat immigration office has announced that it may close'

Oh God, another, possibly-big inconvenience for me out here in Buriram. But, I won't miss that bitch-boss in Korat, who, while processing my check-in, told my wife that she is "tired of falangs". Maybe she's tired of her fucking paycheck too.