Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

China Airlines - good deals

Wow, I always think the airfares from the US are steep. Was that an economy coach rate? Same time period, same airline from the west coast of the US is around $1,060US. I'm going in May for $856.60US, all in.

I guess sometimes the grass under our own feet is good enough.

~ Pen

Wow, I always think the airfares from the US are steep. Was that an economy coach rate? Same time period, same airline from the west coast of the US is around $1,060US. I'm going in May for $856.60US, all in.

~ Pen

Is the $856 fare on China Airlines? It's always around $1200 when I fly from LAX. Would appreciate any details you can give me. Need to cut the airline cost.

I'm almost always on CI out of San Francisco via Taipei. I have found that if I book my trip as 2 separate 1-way trips I actually save about 20% over what the fare would have been had I booked it as a round trip ticket. I also book it directly via their web site instead of going through Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak, etc.

dv34917 -

Yeah, that's on China Airlines, but I'm out of Seattle instead of LAX. I got that for departing on a Saturday, too (03 May, 01:10 AM) and returning on Memorial Day Monday, so it was kind of too good to not jump on, especially since I like the arrival and departure times in BKK so much more than what NWA or United put on the table. We've got Eva up here for the same period at around $870, but the weekdays they fly on didn't work as well for me and it's jacked up a bit on the weekend.

Given the great rate on this one and the trip I've got coming in November that's a mileage ticket in biz class on Cathay, I'm luckily managing to weather the ugly airfare year fairly well.

Happy hunting,

~ Pen

Edited by PenName

I too have booked with China Airlines from Aberdeen(Scotland) via Amsterdam to Bangkok.

for £560 GBP with credit card charges £588.64.This is for June this year.Never flown with China-Airlines before,always with KLM who are wanting £670+ for the same airport connections.

Good thing about CI is they get in early morning to Bangkok....6.40am. :P

Edited by foggiepete
  • 5 weeks later...

rasher, i just checked dublin into manchester ryan air return19 quids,,,,, pick up a flight from manchester for about 650 in september i guess...also if you can get to belfast its cheaper from there..british airways about 670 via thiefrow,

~ Pen

Those are the same prices going from Honolulu to BKK, $865 until May 15 departure, then $1065 summer rate until the middle of August (plus tax - about $79). Looks like CI is advertising a $634 RT from LA to Hong Kong. Don't know what it would cost to complete the trip to BKK?

• 2 weeks later...
This airline sucks.

absolutely not true,i used them on many ocassions .

The airline is as good or better as any other,business class is more then great too.

Ticket from Amsterdam will go for 809 euro,which means you pay for Dublin -Amsterdam 300 euro,s (236 pounds)

Eva air(also a good airline) is even cheaper 700-775 euro

China Airlines just started advertising this summer special and a few others to Asia. Looks like air travel might not be all that heavy over the summer before the Olympics. The state of the economy probably is not helping either.

Los Angeles to Bangkok from $864 for May/June/July 08 Round Trip Fares.

All fares include fuel & insurance surcharge and are subject to change without notice..

Taxes must be added at time of ticketing (must be booked via CI website).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I would agree that they beat KLM in Business Class. I just got back to LOS using them. They have upgraded and now have electric seats that go flat and interactive entertainment with a bigger personal screen.

just booked for december

going out from Belfast via Amsterdam to Bangkok first week in December coming back on 15th January

£ 577 all in (netflights were 565 but had to add credit card costs)

where

Trailfinders

Aer Lingus flight to AMS then China Airlines direct

but its a china Airlines ticket the whole way for baggage alowance etc...

staying a coupe of days in bangkok then up to Issan for a week and then once my penance is done taking a serviced apartment on Bangkok for the last month

might manage a few days in Pattaya for old times

Belgian Embassy staff be warned

Also flying China business class MAN>AMS>BKK in sept. Cost £1240 thought it was a good deal but £1100 way better.

Maybe I can ease the pain with a short stopover in Amsterdam <grin

Would try to avoid KLM as their pilots are not good IMHO

Would try to avoid KLM as their pilots are not good IMHO

Mine found their way!