Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Another point is that tycoon will store your accumulated items free of charge providing you re-book within 12months. So you can buy your kettle, motorbike helmet etc etc and just store them!

Guess your feeling better now son....

R......

PS....the email address for Tycoon Pl is not a valid one. It was before, but 'aint now! For all you mongers thinking of staying here, I can say overall its a decent

gaff to pitch your tent for a while. Although small-ish in room size and pool, the facilities and security aspects are good. The free high-speed Internet and the

cleanliness of the modern rooms makes the monthly tag of 9500THB a steal. And location is quiet and near Tuk-Com.

You could do worse........try the 'Apex Hotel' on the 2nd road......then you will think Tycoon Pl is the Marriott!!!!

Edited by rambo

Someone says the place is looking a bit 'tatty', thats a shame, as its only been open about 3 years or so.

I went to look at the place just before it opened, and they quoted me 15,000 per month+bills.

I checked in for a week, in August 2006.

The rooms were clean and modern, but lacked power points, for kettle, toaster/microwave, etc for long-stayer's.

Room lighting was low level only.

The 'master' on/off switch in the shower is a joke.

Towel rails nowhere near the shower

Room furniture, was dark, depressing, and uncomfortable, especially the 'sit up and beg' chairs.

Nice balcony, but with no furniture.

I felt the place was 'soulless'.

The walk back to the hotel, from the main road, Pattaya Tai, down the dark unlit Soi, late at night,is just asking to be mugged.

Transport costs to and fro, will eat into your room rate 'savings', rather than staying somewhere more central, and safer.

I checked out after 3 nights.

Just my opinion though

thechairman18

Edited by thechairman18
  • 6 months later...

Hi all, Last year the bed linen was changed twice a week. I'm here at 24/3/2009 and although the towels are changed twice a week still the bed linen is only changed once a week now.

That's if you pay the monthly rates anyway. I've no idea what happens if you pay for a couple of weeks or whatever at the daily rate.

Twice a week was perfectly acceptable but once is not, especially as I notice the homepage of the Tycoon website now calls it the Tycoon Place Hotel.

After all, this is Pattaya and in one week most of us will probably have several different partners on those sheets.

If you want more than once a week its 500 Baht just to change bed linen. They obviously realise that hardly anyone on holiday in Pattaya will want the same sheets for a week, so its a good way of bumping the room rate up.

I know 500 Baht is'nt exactly a lot of money but does add another 2000 baht to the room rates over a month just to have the bed changed a total of 2 times a week. This, coupled with the extra transport costs of getting bone idle bar girls, who hate to walk more any farther than the nearest som tam stall, back to this out of the way place makes it not quite the bargain it might at first seem.

Harry

• 2 years later...
hi guys

if your lookin 4 a nice hotel

try

www.tycoonplace.com

stayed there 3 times now

will b there in nov

nice pool,24 reception,security,cafe,

motor cycle taxi in car park

go figure the room rates

last time i stayed 2 weeks an it cost me 12500

this time booked for 1 month at a cost of

have 2 pay water and lecky

but its not a lot

chek it out

steve

There is no such website as tycoonplace.com.