Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Rasta Man Sam opens his own bar

Over the years, since Sam was the manager of the first VW Bar in Pattaya, situated in the parking lot of the LK Metropole, I've had the pleasure of many late late nightcaps at his bar with friends.

Last year, Sam's boss got into a dispute with his partner, who opened another VW bar somewhere. The original VW bar had to move because of a rent increase on the LK Metropole parking space.

Now, there are at least 6 VW Bars all over Pattaya...but Sam was, in many ways, the one that made it happen, due to his wacky personality and unfailing ability to remember his customers from year to year.

Well, now Sam has started his very own VW bar, aptly named "SamBar". It is on the corner of Soi LK Metro and Soi Diana.

Good luck, Sam!

:clap2

sambar.jpg

Sam is awesome...though his new van scares me -- was it really necessary to put his face on it?!?

The scary van aside, I wish he does well and I hope a lot of boardies support him. Try a bucket of the Long Island ice tea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
had a few there my last visit great place....

but it made me really wanna go smoke a doobie ya know what i mean man??

Totally agree man, home now doin' just that. Never been game or had the opportunity in Patts :bigsmile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I drank at Sam bar a bunch of times ealier this month. Good prices and loved the location as it was a great place to have a few on your way out or back if you are staying in the metro area.

• 4 years later...

Isn't there supposed to be a (new) law against selling alcohol on the open streets?

SELLING OF ALCOHOL
Alcohol sales set to be banned at roadside stalls
POUNGCHOMPOO PRASERT
THE NATION
BANGKOK: -- Starting from the New Year holiday period, roadside food stalls will be banned from selling alcoholic drinks, while all sales of alcoholic beverages will be limited to 11am-2pm and 5pm-midnight, Public Health Minister Pradit Sinthawanarong said yesterday.
Violators will face up to six months in jail and/or up to Bt10,000 in fines.
Pradit said a meeting of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Committee yesterday approved three PM's Office regulations.
The ban on roadside alcohol sales, except on personal property, was imposed on grounds that consumption of alcohol causes traffic accidents, he said.
The time limit on alcohol sales covers all sellers, except at international airports' duty-free zones and service establishments.
The third measure bans alcohol sales and consumption in state-run parks, he added.
Maybe the loophole is to not sell food as well?
Kinda weird.
Edited by steamer