Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

What part of "for use outside North America." didn't you understand?

You said 'here'....it is unclear where you mean. I think the phone system in Thailand is okay.

So the phone system in Canada sucks? Or would that be USA, Greenland, Mexico, Honduras, Belize ????

Edited by jacko

I think the phone system in Thailand is okay.

Yes, at least it's not locked to the providers like it is in North America.

Yes, at least it's not locked to the providers like it is in North America.

You forgot Trinidad and Tobago, but this topic is about Cellphones in Thailand.

It will come I believe. But more to do with supplying telephones at less than cost, in order to keep you 'on their network'.

Not sure why that policy has not caught on here yet. (For clarity on 'here'.... look under my avatar)

So how can I tell when you're in the UK or in Thailand?

I was talking to a guy just yesterday who was so proud of his new iPhone 5 that he got for $50, but after I found out he's on a 2-year contract, he's paying more like $2,450 for it.

I was talking to a guy just yesterday who was so proud of his new iPhone 5 that he got for $50, but after I found out he's on a 2-year contract, he's paying more like $2,450 for it.

I will change where it says 'Thailand'...to say 'UK' Duh! Or make it clear.

I hope your friend gets some free 'minutes' and text messages thrown in at that price. Very happy with pay as you go in both UK and LOS, although the UK has snatched my credit off me a couple of times after not using it for over 6 months.

I hope your friend gets some free 'minutes' and text messages thrown in at that price.

He gets 750 minutes, but like I told him, he could use Magic Jack on his phone and the data access to make phone calls and save a bundle.

Cable TV is another rip-off HERE !

$2450,possible but doubtful in US.The subsidized price here in the US is $199 with a 2 year contract and if you look at any of the 4 carriers offering it,there is no plan at $100+ per month except in extreme cases.

Here's the definitive answer to the question,just 1 day ago,which was in my favorites.

Choosing an iPhone 5 carrier:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-57512327-233/choosing-an-iphone-5-carrier/?tag=nl.e798&s_cid=e798&ttag=e798

and a little more insight:

http://www.zdnet.com/iphone-5-16gb-costs-an-estimated-207-to-build-7000004476/

Hopefully tomcat this will slow the off topic back &forth.BTW,unlocked I5s were available about 3 weeks or so after introduction for $600+ for the 16gig model,IIRC.

Edited by bigdelta

He got the iPhone 5, and it's costing him $100/month.

Edited by LocalYokul

$2450,possible but doubtful in US.

He isn't in the US, I think he mentioned Trinidad and Tobago. :D

so, the iPhone 5 for $50 up front and another $100/month for 24 months = $2450 total