Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And its fixed... and looks great. I like the new buttons :)

Frosty

I'm about 5% of the way through the 'rebuilding post contents' process, and 20 minutes into it, so I probably won't be able to make any other quick fixes until that finishes.

You can use this or the other topic in Technical to report any other weirdities.

I'm using this post to test adding attachments.

IMG_1148.JPG

Seems to work!

Works, but .....

On forum design I just abhor to any changes, got so used to the old one...

Possible to have the old one back, as a choice in the dropdown in the bottom? please!

Sunny

Sorry, no can do. The skin for the old one is not compatible with the new forum software.

Anyway, this is good for you if you post on other pattaya forums, because they are all running close to the same code level. PattayaTalk was about 2 years behind them...simpler, but not as many features.

And there's no way to go back to the old version without loosing all the posts since I started the conversion.

Luddite!

It's like being on Pattaya Addicts!

No seriously I think it looks better and I think a change was long overdue..................

It was getting a bit monotonous here. Good work. :clap2

It's like being on Pattaya Addicts!

No seriously I think it looks better and I think a change was long overdue..................

It was getting a bit monotonous here. Good work. :clap2

No shoutbox and minimal ads, so it should be even easier to use. :party

I can't see the photo of Pin.

You'd better post another one.

Somehow I think you might be telling a fib.

Anyway, I thought it was a good way to liven up a technical thread.

In fact, one of the things I am hoping for is that the forum software will resize pictures that are too large...I don't know if I've set it up to do that yet though.

I'll try it now.

Elephants are back on Walking Street!

04142009044.jpg

Thank Buddha you didn't add a Shoutbox. I detest those things. They make navigating the page with a scroll mouse a real nightmare.

Forums should put the shoutbox out of the way somewhere imho.

I like the automatic picture resizing, great if you want to save the original size photo to your hard disk and presumably makes uploading easier?

Good work MM, pour yourself a large one from the top shelf and stick it on my slate .......

Wait a minute....... :eyecrazy happened to the smileys ??? :bigsmile: Don't like the small box of emoticons, takes too long to navigate

It's exactly the same look and colour schemes as Pattayalive (when you select their regular blue skin there). Far too easy to log into the wrong forum and call the wrong person a wanker, thinking that you are on the other board....

Also, the 'upgrade' could have been a great opportunity to lose a few undesirables who just didn't happen to make it across as part of the migration. :eyecrazy

Now I wonder what MM will say to me in his congratulatory PM for my 1000th post... :bigsmile:

Edited by Arno
It's exactly the same look and colour schemes as Pattayalive (when you select their regular blue skin there). Far too easy to log into the wrong forum and call the wrong person a wanker, thinking that you are on the other board....

Well, that should be easy for you. Just look to see if you're logged in as "Sybarite" or "Arno".

Another problem seems to be with the background/foreground color on the "Mark all posts as read" after a "View New Posts". I'm running a long task to hopefully take care of things like that as well as some of the messages with embedded video.