Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

mr tooms telefone number any one have it handy

I have been a 'defender' of Mr. Toom in past when others have said his car and driver didn't show up. I guess when it happens to you it's a different story.

Well it did happen to me. I had a 5:00 AM flight out of Bangkok the morning of April 15th. Wanting to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before my flight, booked Mr Toom by email for a 1:00 AM pick up at the Sandy Spring. He got back with after the 2nd email to confirm the pick-up. A friend of mine when to the airport the day before and told me that there wasn't any problem going to the airport from Pattaya with the 'red shirt' thing going on. Figured that this would give me plenty of time to reach the airport on time.

Everything would have worked out if Mr Toom's driver had showed up, but he didn't. I checked out about 12:30 AM and was waiting in the lobby for my ride. About 1:15 I started to get a little nervous and started to call Mr Toom. He finally answered the 2nd number I had for him. I told him that I was waiting in the Sandy Spring lobby, but no car and driver. He said he would check into it. I call him back in a few minutes and he said a second driver would be there in 10 minutes, which never happened. After about 20 more minutes went by and I tried calling him again, but never got a answer from him. It is almost 2:00 AM by now and the hotel said they would get a taxi for me. There were 2 girls at the desk, and one of them went out side on Soi 13 and headed down towards the beach and then doubled back to 2nd Rd.

About 5 minutes later she came back and said a taxi would be here in a few minutes. She had me pay the hotel (1,500 baht) for the taxi and they would take care of paying him. In a few minutes here comes a metered taxi. She tells him that we need to get to the BKK fast. She also told me that I would have to pay any tolls. Tolls plus 1,500 a little high, but better than missing the flight home, or is it?

My plans were to drop my GF for the night off at her room on my way out, but she said don't worry about her because I only had a little time to get to the airport. Put my bags in the taxi and off we went. From pulling out of the Sandy Spring to checking in with Northwest was just a little under 1 1/2 hours. No tolls, because of Songkran. I still had time to hit the lounge club for a early morning drink, which I needed by this time.

Hats off to the Sandy Spring for jumping in and helping.

After I got back home, I sent Mr. Toom a email telling that I wasn't very happy with his service. The guy never sent me back a reply or never said he was sorry the 2 times I talked to him that night, trying to get a car and driver.

Needless to say, its all hotel cars for me from now on, no more Mr. Toom. Pay a little more, but well worth it in the long run.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread.

LeoTex

Hi all please could anyone send me mr tooms number please louis :rolleyes: lost it

Hi, after reading the reply and various others about mr tooms i would recommend the following....

www.bangkok-airport-transfer.com

i was told how good these where so decided to give them a go.

the plane was 4hrs late and the driver waited for me. the car was comfy, the driver friendly.

paid 1500 which considering the reliability and daft prices at the airport, i thought was fair..

hope this helps :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I can add to this.

Having had good results with Mr Toom I gave his number to a few neighbours.

He let one of them down, with an early pickup about 6.00 am. I talked to him when I saw an alternate car arrive and he was quite displeased.

He had tried Mr Toom's telephone numbers but he wasn't picking up.

Similar when I called him once when my ride wasn't there .... he called back later after I had found his tardy 'agent' at the airport.

A car arrived 5 minutes after my neighbour left (35 minutes late), with a reasonable excuse that the scheduled car was involved in an accident.

Later that same day, Mr Toom's man collected me on schedule, great car, and no problems.

His service is pretty reliable, but on the odd occasion it messes up, he doesn't pick up the phone!

By the way, don't be fooled by the taxis from the desks in arrivals... I know guys often feel tired and can't be arsed messing about and take the first one offered!

Met a guy in a bar last night who paid 3000 baht for a taxi to Pattaya.... :unsure:

Edited by jacko
  • 1 year later...
Hi all please could anyone send me mr tooms number please louis :rolleyes: lost it

sorry Boss my second number has changed to (+66) 081-421-7785

MR.TOOM BKK. Call (+66) 081-482-7148 or (+66) 081-421-7785