Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Got around 40% off a suite at the LK Metropole and I'm happy with the rate, but I forgot to ask a few things. Maybe some of you guys know.

Is room service 24hrs? What's the food like? Expensive?

How much for in-room internet? How fast/stable is the connection? Is it wired or wireless or both?

Any trouble bringing girls back? What about more than one?

Thanks for any help gents! Hope to see some of you early/mid August.

Got around 40% off a suite at the LK Metropole and I'm happy with the rate, but I forgot to ask a few things. Maybe some of you guys know.

How much for in-room internet? How fast/stable is the connection? Is it wired or wireless or both?

The room service is 07:00 to 24:00. The food is OK but not remarkable and not expensive. Don't bother with the breakfast, go outside.

In-room Internet is hard-wired these days. Connection is stable and good by Thailand standards. You have to buy cards at reception which, from memory, are B300 for 10 hours or B1000 for 50 hours or around that ballpark.

No problem bringing girls back. You can walk them straight in or get reception to hold their Id. My stamina is not what it was so I can't tell you about multiples of fanny but would not expect a problem.

Jor

June 07 we threw a party at the rooftop in the suite my mate rented with 30 girls without any problems mate. No worries about that!

STAYED MANY TIMES. GOOD ALL ROUND HOTEL. THEY DO CHARGE A JOINER FEE FOR THE 2ND AND SUBSEQUENT GIRLS, IF THEY NOTICE BUT MORE OFTEN THAN NOT WHEN THEY KNOW U THEY JUST LET U WALK UP. DEPENDS WHO'S ON THE DESK I SUSPOSE.

CANT HELP WITH THE IN ROOM INTERNET AS I ALWAYS USE THE COMPUTERS THEY HAVE IN THE LOBBY FOR FREE FOR RESIDENTS. THEY CAN BE BUSY A LOT BUT SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM THIS TIME OF YEAR.

ALL IN ALL GOOD BANG FOR BUCK

tomm,

Can you tell us where you booked your suite, directly through the lk metropole's website or one such as agoda etc.

Stayed there a few years back, didn't eat there at all, but didn't have any charges for multiple guests.

onelilley.

tomm,

Can you tell us where you booked your suite, directly through the lk metropole's website or one such as agoda etc.

No worries.

I booked one of the larger suites which is not available through booking agencies, so I had no choice but to deal direct with the hotel. I did that via email/telephone and negotiated a rate I was happy with.

But if I was after the 1 bedroom suite or just a nice room, I would book through an agency such as Agoda, their rates are usually better than anything the hotel will agree to. For the Metropole, best to use hotels2thailand.com, they have much better rates than Agoda.

I reckon the downside with an agency is paying in advance via credit card, and paying Vat + Service Charge on top of the initial quote, but it should still work out cheaper. You could always check if the hotel will match or come close to the agency rate. I do prefer the freedom of not paying in advance and being able to leave early if they piss me off :rolleyes:

Edited by tomm