Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The RideHer Cup is already a Pattaya legend and it forms the nucleus of a 3 week programme of fun golf events. This post contains details of what's happening during the November golf festival 2010 so that you can plan your holiday around the events.

The highlight of the programme is the legandary RideHer Cup - now in its 9th Year. Many of the players from the inaugral event return every year to represent their continent in this world famous competition. There will be extra spice this year because the RideHer Cup follows closley after the Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor in Wales.

Here is the outline programme for this year's golf festival:

Friday 29th October - an informal practice day at Burapha to warm up for the RideHer Cup.

Sunday 31st October - registration evening for the RideHer Cup and all the other events at the golf festival. We will also be handling registrations at our office before and after this date.

Monday 1st November - Baby Dolls Texas Scramble. 4 man team Scramble/Ambrose followed by a party at Baby Dolls

Tuesday 2nd November. Captains announce the RideHer Cup teams.

Wednesday 3rd November. RideHer Cup Day. This is the ninth year and the format is well known to many of you. We have booked Burapha for a 10.30 tee time off two tees. Transport will depart this year from Central Pattaya at 0900. The prizegiving and party will take place at FLB in the evening.

Friday 5th November. The Misty's Open. Individual Stabelford Competition.

Sunday 7th to Wednesday 10th November. A 3 night road trip to Hua Hin with two rounds of golf at Black Mountain and Banyan.

Friday 12th November. 3 clubs and a putter competition.

Week commencing 15th November. I will arrange 3 golf days this week. If there are enough people still in town I can run a couple of competitions during these days.

That's where we are in the planning right now. This post will be updated with more details including prices over the coming months.

Please post any feedback here and let us know which events interest you.

Where possible, we would like to make the captains' jobs easier for the RideHer Cup. Ideally, we would like to have your entries as teams of two players for the RideHer Cup. You can designate your team as USA, Europe or neutral! Please use this forum to find a partner. If you are a solo golfer, just post here and you should be able to find a partner.

For the Baby Dolls Scramble, you can enter a team of 4 players so please use the forum to find your partners. I have created a separate topic for each competition to make things easier. Just post the usual details:

Board names

Handicaps for each team member

Your choice of team for RideHer Cup. - USA, Europe or Neutral.

Looking forward to another great festival!

Doggie

Edited by doghaus
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm up for any of the comps.

Just a single golfer from the US, but don't care who I play for as long as I play.

No clue what my handicap is...I'd say I average about 100 strokes/18 holes - I'm bad...birdie's rare, pars medium, bogey's often.

If there's anybody else who'd like to play and just wants to have some fun days of golf then that'd be fine by me and we might get lucky :gulp

I'm up for any of the comps.

Just a single golfer from the US, but don't care who I play for as long as I play.

No clue what my handicap is...I'd say I average about 100 strokes/18 holes - I'm bad...birdie's rare, pars medium, bogey's often.

If there's anybody else who'd like to play and just wants to have some fun days of golf then that'd be fine by me and we might get lucky :D

No problem if you don't have a partner. Please go to the threads for the individual events and register by posting for each competition you would like to enter. All the details are in the threads.

Doghaus

• 1 month later...

Dear Golfers

With the official Ryder Cup finishing with a dramatic climax in wet and windy Wales, it seemed timely to keep you up to date with the plans for our November Golf Festival in sunny Pattaya! OK – it is raining here right now but I am sure it will have stopped by November!

Here is a summary of the events that are taking place in case some of you have missed the information on the internet.

Friday 29th October - an informal practice day at Burapha to warm up for the RideHer Cup. Tee off 10.30. Cost 2,600 baht including transport, green fee, caddy fee and cart.

Sunday 31st October - registration evening at FLB Bar for the RideHer Cup and all the other events at the golf festival. We will also be handling registrations at our office before and after this date.

Monday 1st November - Baby Dolls Texas Scramble at Siam Plantation. 4 man team Scramble/Ambrose followed by a party at Baby Dolls starting around 8.30 pm. You can enter this event as a team of 4 players or as individuals. We will form teams on Sunday. Cost 3,900 baht including transport, green fee, caddy fee, cart, polo shirt and the notorious party with food!

Tuesday 2nd November. Captains announce the RideHer Cup teams. We will make the announcement at O’Garas Bar and Grill in the Tara Court. Many of you are staying there so it will be a short journey in the lift. Our USA Captain is Tom Adam and Europe will be Captained for the first time by Duncan Mathieson. I am sure the respective captains will make sure all their players are tucked up in bed early! Steve O has asked me to remind you all that the drinking will start in the morning with the Melbourne Cup televised live in O’Garas.

Wednesday 3rd November. RideHer Cup Day.

This is the ninth year and a number of you have played in all 8 previous competitions. USA have won 4 times, Europe 3 and one draw. We have booked Burapha for a 10.30 tee time off two tees. Transport will depart this year from Central Pattaya at 0900. We are freshening up the event this year with a few changes. Firstly, we are changing the format to 9 holes four balls and 9 holes foursomes. This will mirror the Ryder Cup format and should speed up play. The Mulligans and reverse Mulligans will be removed but we might replace these with a few new twists if the players want them. The programme will now feature dinner right after golf at the News Cafe. We have booked a barbecue for 5pm so we will go straight there after golf for a private barbecue buffet. Non-playing guests will be welcome to join the barbecue for an additional charge. The FLB party and prize giving will take place at 10pm giving everyone a chance to relax after dinner. Your RideHer Cup entry fee is 3,700 baht including transport, green fee, caddy fee, cart, polo shirt, cap, dinner and prizes.

Friday 5th November. The Misty's Open at Eastern Star. Individual Stableford Competition using the 36 handicap system. There will be a party with food upstairs at Misty’s starting around 8.30 pm. The entry fee is 2,900 baht including transport, green fee, caddy fee, buggy share, polo shirt, party and prizes.

Any golfers who register in advance for all 3 events - Baby Dolls, RideHer Cup and Misty's Open - will qualify for a special season ticket priced at 10,000 baht.

Sunday 7th to Wednesday 10th November. A 4 day/3 night road trip to Hua Hin with two rounds of golf at championship courses. We visited Hua Hin 2 years ago and had a great time on and off the golf course. We will leave Pattaya at 12 noon on Sunday and drive to Hua Hin. We have booked the City Beach Hotel which is right in the centre of town. On Monday we will play Black Mountain which will host an Asian Tour event in December. On Tuesday we will play Banyan which was awarded the accolade of Best New Golf Course in Asia. We will return to Pattaya on Wednesday via either the floating market or Rose Garden depending on what people would prefer to do. The package includes 3 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast, transport, green fees, caddy fees and carts. Prices are:

Single golfer in own room: 17,500 baht

Golfer sharing room: 13,800 baht

Non-golfer sharing room: 6,800 baht

Friday 12th November. 3 clubs and a putter competition at Khao Kheow. This will be a fun event where teams of 2 players are limited to using 3 clubs and a putter each. The cost is 2,500 baht inclusive of green fee, buggy share, caddy and transport. There will be a memento for the winning team which will be presented at the golf course after the scores have been collected and checked.

Week commencing 15th November. I will arrange 3 golf days this week. If there are enough people still in town I can run a couple of competitions during these days.

I have already had registrations from many of you for the 3 Pattaya competitions. If you have not entered already, please email me at sales@solargolf.co.uk with your name, handicap and shirt size. If you would like to book for the Hua Hin trip, please email me with the number of persons and whether you want single, double or twin rooms.

We are looking forward to welcoming all our regular and new golfers to Pattaya for this great festival.

Doggie

• 3 weeks later...
Can you rent clubs and shoes?

Hi Carling

You can rent clubs abd shoes either from us or at the golf course. Trainers are also allowed on the course.

Would you like to play in the RideHer Cup? If so, please come along to FLB Bar on Sunday between 8pm and 10 pm.

Doggie

Hi Carling

You can rent clubs abd shoes either from us or at the golf course. Trainers are also allowed on the course.

Would you like to play in the RideHer Cup? If so, please come along to FLB Bar on Sunday between 8pm and 10 pm.

Doggie

Cheers ,,,hope to see you Sunday

I just deposited a dozen DVDs of the Babydolls and FLB golf events with the lovely cashiers at FLB bar. If anyone who attended either event wants one they are there to be picked up free of charge. Last year I charged 100 baht which funded the DVDs....and since I have plenty left from last year they are free this year.

If they run out I will have more there the next night or can deliver to FLB or Babydolls on demand. Was a great year and for many good photos.

Frosty

Edited by frostfire