Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thailand, second top killer of travelers abroad

Old joke. I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, than screaming in terror, knowing in seconds you are going to die, like the passengers in his car.

"Almost 40% of the deaths occurred in Mexico, the analysis shows. The second-highest number of road fatalities occurred in Thailand, where relatively few Americans visit...", Only a few???

certainly a lot in Pattaya and Bangkok.

This is why I use the "Bell Travel Service Bus" between Bkk-Patts. :angry2:

I've had too many "Experiences" with Thai Taxi/Private car drivers that scared the fuck out of me to trust my life to such "Risk-Takers" when all I want to do is get to "Ho-Chasing Heaven" in one piece and alive. :whistling:

It would be interesting to see the number of fatalities express as say per 100,000 US vistors. I would guess that countries like Thailand would show up as relatively dangerous as compared with the figures for say Canada/ UK or Germany, which receive a lot of visitors but whose raods are relatively safe.

It would be interesting to see the number of fatalities express as say per 100,000 US vistors. I would guess that countries like Thailand would show up as relatively dangerous as compared with the figures for say Canada/ UK or Germany, which receive a lot of visitors but whose raods are relatively safe.

Really rough, but very roughly 56 traffic deaths out of 5 million visitors to Thailand. So very, very roughly one out of 100,000 US visitors. According to those figures, that is.

• 2 weeks later...