Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Ashes series starts tomorrow

:thumbup

Looking back at it it's hilarious the Kiwi's reaction, Richie Benaud losing it live on TV and of course it's just one of those moments in sports that will come back to haunt the Aussies time and time again.

I see Strauss came out today and moaned about the amount of 1 day cricket that has been scheduled on this tour, England have been hammered for sure but I cant help but feel that after this tour 3 days back home then back on a plane to the World Cup is not exactly ideal preparation......you see I do whinge.

The Ashes also looks like it's going to be moved forward 12 months which will see England and Australia fight over the urn in 10 test matches over 6 months.

What a load of bollocks.

In my opinion England v Australia is always somthing to look forward to regardless of past drubbings down under and the money men have to be carefull that they dont ruin the specatacle by trying to milk it.

Let's be honest constantly playing Australia (England) will take away the magic of the rivalry the ICC should look to promote Test Cricket in other conuntries rather than fucking about with the most lucrative and watched series in the game.

Rant over... oh and shame about the Paki's looks like the ICC at least did not believe the story about 250k being recieved to open an Ice Cream parlour in Tooting.

:rolleyes:

Good luck to both sides in the 6th ODI bring it on :rolleyes:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The spirit of Australian cricket :rolleyes:

I had no issue with this. It was in the rules and led to a rule change. Very different to doing things outside the rules.

Agree 100% on playing too many ashes tests. Seems like they are almost desperate to keep test cricket alive in comparison to other forms of the game.

Edited by Tarl

1luv

Looking back at it it's hilarious the Kiwi's reaction, Richie Benaud losing it live on TV and of course it's just one of those moments in sports that will come back to haunt the Aussies time and time again.

Don't agree about Richie losing it on TV as he has always told it as it is & was quite measured with his response.

I watched this match and couldn't believe what I was seeing when T.Chappell was told to bowl underarm !

Perhaps it was officially within the rules of the game but certainly outside the spirit of the the game.

Aussies are well known for their sportsmanship and their love for sport but there must have been quite a few who were embarrassed at what transpired that infamous day !

BTW Test cricket is proper cricket & the various sideshows are just money makers !

Rant over

cheers rogero :allright :hairout :hippie:

BTW Test cricket is proper cricket & the various sideshows are just money makers !

Rant over

cheers rogero :allright :hairout :wanker

I would say exactly the same, had Australia won the Ashes and lost the ODI series 6 to nothing. Unfortunately, test cricket seems to be dying a slow death. The best cricketers are more interested in making big money in India, playing T20.