Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 507 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

I don't feel inferior for staying in low cost accommodation

Personally I could care less what the forum snobs think. I stay where I like. Eat where I like. Drink in the bars that I like and pay for the BG that I like.

BigD....you constantly bang on about living in one of the wealthiest suburbs in America...no doubt about it.......you're one of the biggest forum snobz.

• 1 year later...

I don't get this topic you say you don't care but still need to post pics.

The room is ok looking nothing wrong with it for a short holiday

NOTHING SPECIAL EITHER

WHO GIVES A FOOK

Obviously you do.

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind that if you are paying more for your room than you are paying your girl, you are a cheap Charlie.

• Upvote 1

for me few things are about absolute price.Of course the caveat is what one can ultimately afford at the top end.

I've stayed in a 1 star rathole on highway 66 in USA to a 5 star in Las Vegas and Singapore and everything inbetween.

Its all about value for money.One of my favourite hotel brands is Mecure.I stayed at the mecure in Queenstown NZ in a double room overlooking the Queenstown bay which was just fantastic $70 NZ$ a night about 56$ AUD} probably the best value I've ever experienced.A similar room on Sydney would be over $400 a night.

Room rates vary so much, even on the same day in many cases, its all about catching the value.The room dontcha has presented is clearly great value.

If you went to AC , where hotels are quite expensive by 3rd world standards the Pacific breeze @ $60 USD is great value compared to $40 USD for some low grade joint.

Ive stayed @ 5 star joint in Vegas on a tuesday night and paid $40 and been asked if I want to continue my stay on friday and saturday night when the room I'm in will be $215 a night- same room.

Chase value- not price.

Good advice, and I think a lot of members here already get it, but there's an additional caveat: it's more easily said than done. Unfortunately, value is often harder to determine than price. Sometimes that's because "value" as described even by someone you know & trust, may be as much a matter of taste or wallet size. Other times, you have to deal with imperfect information provided by someone you don't know (who may even be a shill or who just has an agenda...). Bad reports can as easily a matter of agenda as good ones. Lastly, value can be a moving target. Places deteriorate, change management, decide to cut costs; construction starts up next door, views disappear. And Pattaya is a changing place.

Value is what you want to know, but sometimes price is all you have to go on, at least until you get there.

• Upvote 1