Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 483 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

I am interested in going to Koh Chang, and I have searched this forum and have not found any information. I am requesting any info any BM's may have on this island. I plan on going the middle of February and when I search for hotels, I find many, but limited information. Any help anyone would care to give me would be greatly appreciated

I am interested in going to Koh Chang, and I have searched this forum and have not found any information. I am requesting any info any BM's may have on this island. I plan on going the middle of February and when I search for hotels, I find many, but limited information. Any help anyone would care to give me would be greatly appreciated

Off to work now but I'll write something for you when I get back.

I thimk its a great place to visit.

You will probably need to rent a m/bike if you want to get round easily,

make sure its got a bit of poke and good brakes, you'll see what i mean.

The other option is the baht bus at 30bt a pop.

The only problem i have had is when using a minibus to get there and back.

My last trip we picked up a couple of Russian guys (fact) one of whom who had just spent 26 hours getting his arm tattoed,

and his brother who immediately set about pissing everybody off, and i mean they really put some effort into it.

I wont recount the whole trip, but this has happened more than once, so bring some music, plug in and tune out.

I go to Koh Chang frequently, last weekend I stayed at Nirvana near Bang Bao Village. It's a great place to relax. The main mongering bars are at White Sands Beach, across from the Chonburi Resort. It's possible to find some gems but the overall quality of the girls is not great so you may want to bring your own if you're particular. There are bars scattered along the western side of the island, the eastern side is mostly undeveloped. There's a nice waterfall not too far from the Amari.

The island itself is the second largest in the kingdom. Accommodations in all price ranges, some great high-end resorts. Also possible to get a room with a fan for 200 or a bungalow on the beach. Some excellent seafood restaurants, or expensive restaurants serving mediocre farang food.

Highly recommended. but if you're going for the bar scene and nightlife you'll be disappointed.

Roads are dangerous at the northern and southern ends of the islands, hairpin and s-turns on steep inclines. Extremely dangerous at night, but roads are ok between White Sands Beach and Kai Kae Beach. I ride there by motorcycle. Ferry crosses the channel once an hour until 6 and the trip takes 40 minutes to an hour, depending on where you cross. One-way fare is 100-120.

The Amari is nice but expensive. For the same price you can get a Villa room with small private pool with 10 foot wall for privacy at the Dusit Princess. I've also stayed at the Tropicana, Nirvana, Aana, Sea View, Kacha, Ban Pu, and a few others. Night scene is mostly concentrated at White Sands Beach but other beaches are better so would recommend you stay elsewhere if you're interested in the beach scene.

Are you sure you searched this forum?

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...mp;hl=koh+chang

Just a couple easily found ones using a quick search to get you started.

Yes, was going to say the same thing, any travel agent will sort you out, door to door transport. There are many hotels on the strip we stayed on, I'm pretty sure it is White Sands Beech. There are loads of little kiosks on that strip who have tourist things to do. We only had 3 days and did an elephant ride one day and a boat trip with snorkling the next, both good. There's plenty of places to eat and drink, and the beech is nice.

Here's the Amari. Love the 50 m lap pool:

amari2.jpg

000015.JPG

amari_room.jpg

The Dusit Princess, with private pool:

dusit3.jpg

dusit.jpg

The Tropicana:

tropicana.jpg

tropicana_room.jpg

The Main Bar area, the white building in the background will provide short time rooms

koh_chang_bars.jpg

The Roads

kc_roads.jpg

Bang Bao Village

bang_bao3.jpg

babgbao2.jpg

bang_bao2.jpg

bangbao4.jpg

bang_bao4.jpg

Edited by RhinoTusk
I go to Koh Chang frequently, last weekend I stayed at Nirvana near Bang Bao Village. It's a great place to relax. The main mongering bars are at White Sands Beach, across from the Chonburi Resort. It's possible to find some gems but the overall quality of the girls is not great so you may want to bring your own if you're particular. There are bars scattered along the western side of the island, the eastern side is mostly undeveloped. There's a nice waterfall not too far from the Amari.

The island itself is the second largest in the kingdom. Accommodations in all price ranges, some great high-end resorts. Also possible to get a room with a fan for 200 or a bungalow on the beach. Some excellent seafood restaurants, or expensive restaurants serving mediocre farang food.

Highly recommended. but if you're going for the bar scene and nightlife you'll be disappointed.

Roads are dangerous at the northern and southern ends of the islands, hairpin and s-turns on steep inclines. Extremely dangerous at night, but roads are ok between White Sands Beach and Kai Kae Beach. I ride there by motorcycle. Ferry crosses the channel once an hour until 6 and the trip takes 40 minutes to an hour, depending on where you cross. One-way fare is 100-120.

The Amari is nice but expensive. For the same price you can get a Villa room with small private pool with 10 foot wall for privacy at the Dusit Princess. I've also stayed at the Tropicana, Nirvana, Aana, Sea View, Kacha, Ban Pu, and a few others. Night scene is mostly concentrated at White Sands Beach but other beaches are better so would recommend you stay elsewhere if you're interested in the beach scene.

Excellent Factual report, couldnt AGREE more !!!

I went there last March for 5 days and totally loved the place.

Really chilled out relaxed Island ,supurb roads for bike riding if your into bikes and getting out exploring.Be it around beaches or up into the rainforrest.

I stayed at Paddy Palms resort White Beach (superior room 1300 with full breakfast for 2).Great spot to stay ,awesome value for $$$$$.Also hired my Bike from them(300day for new honda 125),they also have ferry pick up 200bht for 2 people.Everthing about this place was excellent.

My favorite beach I found was lonely beach,some nice resorts right on beach and Totally tranquill beuatiful beach.Oh yeah big thing that stands out about place,No power boats,jet skis etc on beachs.Only sailing boats canoes ,so only peoples laughter to be heard on beach :whistling:

Next trip if I dont go to Snooky for a trip from Pattaya will be heading back to Koh Chang,For SURE :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Island but surprisingly expensive for not being busy when I was there in June, I tried to do a deal or two for longer stays in a couple of resorts that were 25% full but they would not budge so I went back to Pattaya.