Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Dear Fellow Board Members,

Anyone on the board rented a car at the airport within the last year?

If so, did you have to make any special arrangements if your flight arrived in the late evening?

And has anyone used a GPS in Bangkok or Pattaya or going between these two locations?

I am trying to sort out if I am comfortable doing this - not because of the driving as I have driven in LOS but because I will be taking a route I have never taken before and I have never rented a car at the new airport.

Any info or help would be appreciated.

Rented from Hertz in Swappy many times and never had any problems. IMHO GPS in Thailand is not the greatest and really if you get lost driving between the airport and Pattaya you really shouldn't be driving at all coz basically its a straight roadespecially with the new motorway flyover that takes you to Sukhumvit between Pattaya Nua and Klang.

Another benefit of Hertz is they have a satelite branch in the foyer of the Marriott in case you have any problems or need to change cars.

Didn't use the airport. I picked up an Avis car from Downtown (Wireless RD near Plonchit). (26 JAN 2011)

I drove out of Bangkok down to Hua Hin for a few days. From there I drove right across to Pattaya and finaly returned my car to Bangkok.

Used their GPS which was great finding my hotels and everything else. No search function for nookie but didn't need it.

Good luck

papadoc

Edited by papadoc
Rented from Hertz in Swappy many times and never had any problems. IMHO GPS in Thailand is not the greatest and really if you get lost driving between the airport and Pattaya you really shouldn't be driving at all coz basically its a straight roadespecially with the new motorway flyover that takes you to Sukhumvit between Pattaya Nua and Klang.Another benefit of Hertz is they have a satelite branch in the foyer of the Marriott in case you have any problems or need to change cars.

Agree 100%. You drive straight tp Pattaya then it's almost impossible to get lost after exiting the new highway as you turn right on Sukhumvit then within a couple of hundred yards you turn left on to Pattaya Nua (North).

Glyn.

I do not experience because I have never visited this place, but my father was there last year and guide me as everything, including vehicles which can cost as little as 100 euros per week and are insured under the required conditions for driving in Thailand. These documents are in good price just to book them at the same time as booking your accommodation at low cost.

• 1 month later...

Hertz Rent A Swappy many times and never had any problems. IMHO GPS in Thailand is not the biggest, and really, if you get lost driving from the airport to Pattaya really should not drive at all coz basically directly roadespecially new overpass that takes you on Sukhumvit Road between Pattaya Klang and Nua.

Extended Auto Warranties

Edited by hellypetro