Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Located on LK metro next door to DD, seems to be trying the pick up the void left by the closure of uncle charleys, they now do steak nights on Wednesday Saturday and Sunday, with exactly the same theme, your steak will be cooked outside in a barbecue type oven, you have far more choice of steaks from a menu, choice of potato corn on the cob and a free but small salad bar, the downsides are that the cook doesnt seem to know the meaning of a well done steak, the two I had during my recent stay were both red inside even though I asked him to burn them...and the price is expensive with a rib eyes steak setting you back 500 baht and a T.bone 550baht

I was confused, thought you meant Drunken Duck by DD but just worked out it's Devils Den. They do a lot of food there, they have menus in other bars and deliver food all around the soi. I have enjoyed there food many times.

Edited by harro1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not had a steak from the Golf Club but I can vouch for there breakfast. 500 baht is still not to bad for a rib eye if its good. I love Thai food but once or twice per trip I do love a good western meal like a steak.

5 weeks to go to back back to Patts, bring it on

JD

I like there bbq night never had problem with there steaks but then again I cannot understand why you have to have well done steak you may as well chew on a leather shoe.

Yes i hate well done steak , the bloodier the better i think

I've always had a good meal at the Golf Club. If I'm in the area, it's my place of choice for a bite to eat.

You can always whack an "underdone" steak back on the barbie, if it's kizzened you can't go the other way. Good move by the chef there (wouldn't want a 500 baht sales price ingredient getting chucked!). Each country has its own definition of "medium" in my experience...

This is the method they teach cooks in France. Works too...

Meat_testing.jpg

P.S. It's not your hand you put on the barbie... :whistling:

Andy Cap

Edited by capdagde
Located on LK metro next door to DD, seems to be trying the pick up the void left by the closure of uncle charleys, they now do steak nights on Wednesday Saturday and Sunday

I've no idea who Uncle Charley's was but TGC have been doing steak nights for at least 2 years to my knowledge. Originally started on Sundays and Wednesdays but they had so many people asking on Saturdays they started then as well.

The owners have spent alot of time trying to get the food right and the beef is not the usual Thai steak but comes from a Thai/French cross herd up north I believe.

Its not cheap but it is good quality (that applies to all their food). If your not happy see John - but make sure you're right!!

I've no idea who Uncle Charley's wasbut TGC have been doing steak nights for at least 2 years to my knowledge. Originally started on Sundays and Wednesdays but they had so many people asking on Saturdays they started then as well.

The owners have spent alot of time trying to get the food right and the beef is not the usual Thai steak but comes from a Thai/French cross herd up north I believe.

Its not cheap but it is good quality (that applies to all their food). If your not happy see John - but make sure you're right!!

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36394