Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels or guest houses around the Soi Buakhao or LK Metro area that offer a good monthly rate? 20,000 baht or less (preferably less). Pool is unimportant but would like wifi, comfortable room with helpful staff, daily room cleaning. Looking for June/July time period.

At the top of my list is Pattaya Bay Resort, 15,000 baht a month plus utilities and 7% VAT, I'm estimating about 19,000 bhat per month all in.

http://pattayabayresort.com/default.aspx

Also considering 3som bar on LK Metro, 13,500 baht a month standard room or 16,500 baht Superior room all in. Has anyone stayed in their standard room? If so could you advice if the room was big enough for you and did you find it comfortable? (their superior room is booked for my time period)

http://www.3sompattaya.com/Index.html

Last year I stayed at the LK Metropole in their standard room for 27,000 baht a month all in (without breakfast) and can highly recommend the place. I have a much smaller budget this year and looking for something more affordable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :puke

Edit: I'm also open to suggestions outside the Soi Buakhao/LK Metro area. Any soi along the main baht bus route (2nd road/beach road) would work also

Edited by bastax33

my first choice in that area would be the Metro Apts...clean and friendly...stayed there for almost a month once...can't remember exactly what it ran, but somewhere below 20k.

before you book...you might want to drop Dennis a note and see if he has any vacancies...

http://www.metro-apartments-pattaya.com/

Edited by spike
If you like the LK Hotels so much another of the group LK Mansion is monthly at around 15,000

http://www.lkpattaya.com/rs/package.php?ra...mp;result=15000

http://www.lkpattaya.com/index1.php?hotel=LKMansion

Thanks for the info nus01, I do like the LK hotels and will check out the mansion.

my first choice in that area would be the Metro Apts...clean and friendly...stayed there for almost a month once...can't remember exactly what it ran, but somewhere below 20k.

before you book...you might want to drop Dennis a note and see if he has any vacancies...

http://www.metro-apartments-pattaya.com/

Thanks spike, I like the Metro Apts too, Dennis is a great host and I always stop by for a few games of pool at the metro. Their price for the superior room is a little above my budget, 23,100 superior room all in. The standard room comes just under my 20k limit but is a little too small for me for a month long stay :banghead

Thanks spike, I like the Metro Apts too, Dennis is a great host and I always stop by for a few games of pool at the metro. Their price for the superior room is a little above my budget, 23,100 superior room all in. The standard room comes just under my 20k limit but is a little too small for me for a month long stay :banghead

Mate I would think if Dennis had a superior room available for your dates he could possibly discount the room to 20k if you asked. A confirmed one month booking in the middle of low season is always a bonous to an accommodation owner in Pattaya. You only have to ask and lets face it, all he can say is yes or no!

Be careful about the electric. I knes a guy who liked it cool in his room. He was paying 7K a month and his first month's electic came in for another 7k. Check to see waht they are charging per unit used as I've heard other pay between 5 baht a unit up to 10 baht a unit. Also check to see how often you get housekkeping as that can range from everyday to once every two weeks or less.

Just for your information, the Pattaya Bay resort is quite a long walk from soi Buakaow, it is actually just behind The Avenue shopping centre which is on second road. It is on soi15 off soi buakaow, but it is a long way down the soi.

I would be inclined to stay around the LK metro area, its more central.

Just for your information, the Pattaya Bay resort is quite a long walk from soi Buakaow, it is actually just behind The Avenue shopping centre which is on second road. It is on soi15 off soi buakaow, but it is a long way down the soi.

So by your reckoning Lk must be a long walk to second road then?

PBR does run a free shuttle 24/7 though.

Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels or guest houses around the Soi Buakhao or LK Metro area that offer a good monthly rate? 20,000 baht or less (preferably less). Pool is unimportant but would like wifi, comfortable room with helpful staff, daily room cleaning. Looking for June/July time period.

At the top of my list is Pattaya Bay Resort, 15,000 baht a month plus utilities and 7% VAT, I'm estimating about 19,000 bhat per month all in.

http://pattayabayresort.com/default.aspx

Also considering 3som bar on LK Metro, 13,500 baht a month standard room or 16,500 baht Superior room all in. Has anyone stayed in their standard room? If so could you advice if the room was big enough for you and did you find it comfortable? (their superior room is booked for my time period)

http://www.3sompattaya.com/Index.html

Last year I stayed at the LK Metropole in their standard room for 27,000 baht a month all in (without breakfast) and can highly recommend the place. I have a much smaller budget this year and looking for something more affordable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :whistling:

Edit: I'm also open to suggestions outside the Soi Buakhao/LK Metro area. Any soi along the main baht bus route (2nd road/beach road) would work also

The PBR room at the above rate is way too small for comfort. I don't know how you got LK Metropole at that price. I checked Agoda and the LK website, and can't find anything close to 27,000 baht for a month.

The PBR room at the above rate is way too small for comfort. I don't know how you got LK Metropole at that price. I checked Agoda and the LK website, and can't find anything close to 27,000 baht for a month.

The "LKMetropole" have an annex with Soi Diana frontage containing I believe about 8 rooms and these rooms are around 18000bht a Month! :clueless

I emailed them for a monthly rate on their standard room and received the 27,000 baht price. Email them directly at metropole@lkpattaya.com

The "LKMetropole" have an annex with Soi Diana frontage containing I believe about 8 rooms and these rooms are around 18000bht a Month! :whistling:

Thanks for the tip stevoman! :devil I'll shoot them an email and see if they have a room available at that rate.

Be careful about the electric. I knes a guy who liked it cool in his room. He was paying 7K a month and his first month's electic came in for another 7k. Check to see waht they are charging per unit used as I've heard other pay between 5 baht a unit up to 10 baht a unit. Also check to see how often you get housekkeping as that can range from everyday to once every two weeks or less.

Thanks for the tip Emil. I've stayed at the PBR before and they charge 7 baht a unit. My electric charge was about 2,000 baht a month last time and they'll clean the room daily.