Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just wanted to say to all, especially those who have never stayed here, to give it a try...after 30 hours of torturous travel, I received the warmest of receptions, along with some nice fruit, extra pillows, and my favorite room.  IT got me relaxed so quickly and just made the first night in town such a great experience.  Today I am well rested and ready to have some fun.  Thanks and Kudos to Ib and staff, you guys rule!!! Peace.

Hi mick,

I would like your impressions of RGs location (please don't flame me about looking at the reviews etc, I know people like RG I just would like your impression) in terms of local amenities.

I'll explain;  I normally stay at north pattaya (welkom inn) because I like the local beer bars for afternoon entertainmet, BIG C is close, moneychangers around etc.  All amenities are literally a few mins walk. And it is easy to catch a cheap, quick baht bus down to south pattaya for go-gos etc at night.

I have read that RG is a little out in the boonies, but transport is easy to goet to FLB/south pattaya.

Just what is it like immediately around RG?  Any cosy beer bars, money changers (decent rates), cheap laundry etc etc.  OR is there any advantages to the remoteness from 2nd road (extra cheap massages? :-)

You impressions would be handy.

Thanks.

G'day mate

There is no immediate amenities ie money changers, beer bars etc but believe me i walked to south pattaya in approx 10-15 mins and i was just strolling so it's definately not in the boonies,internet shop is next door, laundry is across the road and the bar at the RG is great with very pretty waitressess everywhere just to get the juices up and that will take your mind off the 10min walk or 5 min bus trip to sth pattaya. There is a supermarket halfway to sth pattaya for your supplies ie milk,coffee, bread etc because don't forget  the RG rooms have their own cooking facilities and to me thats a bonus.

mick

melbourn_mick.

Mick mate I haven't stopped there but I know where it is and to be quite honest I wouldn't like to travel from say the FLB Bar or Misty's at 2 am in the morning  pissed with two or three girls in tow to the R.G. Any way every one to there own, I prefer the Sandy Spring in Soi 13 for eg: It's half way between Walking st and the Beer bars in north Pattaya 1 trip either way by Bhat bus

[smiley=cheers.gif],

Bigmike.

I had 2 TV sets. One in the bedroom, and one in the main room. Ib had the custodian bring a 2nd TV up, I guess.

I must have had your room mate as i had a tv in the boom room as well as the lunge room.But no fruit a couple of fruit cake tg's though ::)

SlipSlopSlap,

I've been a big fan of the RG for the last 9 months or so but I do get a little frustrated with the nightly baht bus debate. Also, its a bit of a pain in the arse if you just want to get a quick shower as you've got to make the baht bus trip. That said, it is nearer Walking Street than Soi 2 for instance.

On the plus side, the RG is relaxing. Its nice to drop in the pool and spend a lazy afternoon in the company of a TG. It has an electronic in room safe which I like and as stated above, there is a laundry over the road and an internet cafe next door. No hassles with whoever you bring back and nice clean rooms with balconies.

All in all, still a hard package to beat. It really is all about whether you want a hotel next to where you most often drink at night or you want a bit of luxury for very reasonable baht.

Thanks torrenova.  Welkom Inn is handy to nip back for a bit of airconditioning, shower, crap, dump your purchases (TGs?:-) or whatever while you are doing your prowls.  It is also a bit dismal and something with a bit more luxury would be nice, so I'll see how I feel closer to the date.  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys for a nice thread! Very informative. I was first time as a young man in Pattaya 1977 and believe me: to see it today is overwhelming.... how it´s grown! BUT - since we back then had all the fun around walking street I have somewhat come to consider it "home" and try to stay close everytime I am there - next week for instance!

This time I will try RG and to me the description sounds just great! I can afford to stay at the very best places but I dont want all the hassle with bringing GF etc, so a laidback place is to prefer. I have also been disappointed many times at real s..t-places that first sounded so nice. Last year I stayed - unfortunately - at Haven and I have just one thing to tell all bro´s: STAY THEY HELL OUT OF THAT DUMP!! Unless you wanna meet Basil Fawlty real life.....

Land at RG 10 april for a week. Any bro´s nearby that wanna have a brew or 2 with a relaxed businesstype guy: drop a line!

RG is tops for deffo !

I'll never forget Room 106 and that squeaky bed. Never laughed so much in my life.

Have booked same same room for next trip. I can't wait to see the look on my TG's face when she sees that number again!

The RG is a really 'laid-back place' to stay. I cannot wait till my next visit.

All the best!

Ste. 73 days and counting.