Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I'm experiencing a new problem with web access to my email account this trip. URL is webmail.san.rr.com. As recently as July, I've never had a problem accessing the site from anywhere in Thailand. This trip however, I can't get to it from most internet cafes I've tried (so it's not a tablet issue), as well as from some hotel wlans, in BKK. From anywhere in Pattaya, no problem. And from some hotels in BKK no problem. It's not an outright block (no thai block notification); it's presumably a timeout. All I see is a 'Waiting...' status, and eventually a Page can not be displayed error message if I wait long enough. 'Seems like a routing or possibly a DNS issue. Other websites, incl PT, no problem.

I've tried several web proxies, all of which successfully get me to the site and the login page, but then, working from my tablet or a PC, I encounter javascript issues which prevent me from getting logged in. (I DO have javascript enabled on my tablet, and it works fine when I'm not experiencing the blockage. Here at Don Mueang on Nokair's free wlan, I'm having no problems at all.)

Anybody have any insight on the possible cause of these new blockages, or have any suggestions for overcoming them beyond what I've already tried? Really a PIA while in BKK!

Resolved. The networks causing the block are apparently using proxy webservers. If I determine and then enter the destination IP on the address line instead of the URL, I'm apparently able to bypass the proxy.

Edited by tomcat76

Resolved. The networks causing the block are apparently using proxy webservers. If I determine and then enter the destination IP on the address line instead of the URL, I'm apparently able to bypass the proxy.

Does that also bypass the DNS?

Well in theory yes, since resolving a URL to an IP is what DNS does. And it could be a DNS issue with these proxy webservers some of these networks are using. However, I'm currently here in Udon, and just come from an IC where my IP trick did not work. 'Wonder if some of these proxy webservers are caching DNS, and aren't handling some URLs as well as they should be in unusual cases. I'm guessing the .rr. in the one that's giving me problems is shorter than some arbitrary min length these proxies are expecting. (Though ping.eu works just fine.)

Edited by tomcat76