Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Gate Motors and remote controls. Pattaya area.

The remote for opening my gate is looking pretty beat up after a few years of service... anybody have any idea where I might buy compatible remotes, the small type that go on a key ring?

I am hoping just to buy a couple, program those little dip switches inside and that will be all that is required.

When I got the place there was only a single remote control and I phoned some guy up to supply more. He said he had to also put a new circuit board in the control box, in parallel with the existing one, and supplied 2 remote controls with that at rather a high cost. Not sure if I was fed a line of BS there!

Jacko

I just had a new motor fitted at my house and had the existing remotes programmed to suit, this guy is very very good, his name is Ot and his number is 083 80744 30

Cant recommend him enough

Jacko

I just had a new motor fitted at my house and had the existing remotes programmed to suit, this guy is very very good, his name is Ot and his number is 083 80744 30

Cant recommend him enough

Well I just want to get my hands on the little remote gadgets without having to pay some guy for his time, particularly having to come out to where I live. If you just had the motor replaced there may not have been any programming required. Where does your friend Ot get his stuff from?

I tried the key shop in the BigcX (Carrefour) Mall and they only handle the ones for vehicles. I made a note of your guys number though. :thumbup

Well I just want to get my hands on the little remote gadgets without having to pay some guy for his time, particularly having to come out to where I live. If you just had the motor replaced there may not have been any programming required. Where does your friend Ot get his stuff from?

I tried the key shop in the BigcX (Carrefour) Mall and they only handle the ones for vehicles. I made a note of your guys number though. :thumbup

You can get them from a place on Sukhomvit Rd just before the Chevrolet Dealer heading towards Pattaya Nua. I would get your GF to call him first and see if he has a few spare. He is a really good guy and very helpful. I bought some from the place i listed above and they were about 2000 Baht each. Im sure Ot would get them for you alot cheaper

You can get them from a place on Sukhomvit Rd just before the Chevrolet Dealer heading towards Pattaya Nua. I would get your GF to call him first and see if he has a few spare. He is a really good guy and very helpful. I bought some from the place i listed above and they were about 2000 Baht each. Im sure Ot would get them for you alot cheaper

Is that the Chevy place opposite where the motorway (No 7) hits Sukhumvit?

Wow 2k each..... more than I was expecting.

Is that the Chevy place opposite where the motorway (No 7) hits Sukhumvit?

Wow 2k each..... more than I was expecting.

Yes it is, but the guy whos number i gave you does NOT work there. Maybe you could get the GF to call him and ask him if he has any spare. If he dont, im sure i got a few here that i no longer need and you are welcome to them

Have a look on www.ebay.co.uk seen progammable remotes less than £5 each they even have together with cotrol box for switching the motor.Ive bought many items from uk, hong kong, china,singapore etc advertised on uk ebay all posted to my gaff pattaya,If you pay via paypal and it dont arrive you get a refund

Yes it is, but the guy whos number i gave you does NOT work there. Maybe you could get the GF to call him and ask him if he has any spare. If he dont, im sure i got a few here that i no longer need and you are welcome to them

GF away for a day or two. Very generous of you to offer your old ones, but I am unsure whether they are all compatible or not. The ones I want to replace are labelled 'Maxim' and I also have an older one that works which is labelled P.A.T.

You really should keep a grip on yours as you never know when you will need a spare (her damned relatives visit :D), you lose one or it gets soaked during Songkran! But do appreciate the kind offer.

Have a look on www.ebay.co.uk seen progammable remotes less than £5 each they even have together with cotrol box for switching the motor.Ive bought many items from uk, hong kong, china,singapore etc advertised on uk ebay all posted to my gaff pattaya,If you pay via paypal and it dont arrive you get a refund

I don't want to get into replacing anything in the control box .....too hot and too many bugs.... just hoping to find compatible keyfob remotes. Is your Paypal account UK registered too? I hadn't noticed an option of mailing it to Thailand (wasn't looking for it), but it would certainly be a consideration for smaller cheap items.

Last resort is ordering to be delivered to UK, although I don't expect to go until mid year.

Edited by jacko

They are quite common and there is also another one compatible, i have about 6 of them if you want one, you are welcome.

They are quite common and there is also another one compatible, i have about 6 of them if you want one, you are welcome.

Sure...... how when where?

Bit of a swizz when I moved in here. I said I wanted a minimum of 3.....and he sold me 2 with a new circuit board and left one working with the old circuit board.

Edited by jacko

Sure...... how when where?

I could meet you tomorrow morning, i think you live along Sukhomvit northwards, so perhaps outside the McDonald's opposite BKK Hospital at 10 am?

Ill be in a Green Ford Focus?

I could meet you tomorrow morning, i think you live along Sukhomvit northwards, so perhaps outside the McDonald's opposite BKK Hospital at 10 am?

Ill be in a Green Ford Focus?

I am out near the Sukhumvit junction with 36 (for Rayong)...so your suggestion is good, I will be on my bike as TGF took the truck..... Edited by jacko