Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Sabai Lodge versus Flipper Lodge

I will be in Pattaya in late November and am wondering which hotel you would choose. I have stayed on Soi 2 & Soi 8 before so I know about location. Other than the location which hotel would you pick and why.

Thanks for you time.

Ty

Only 184 days to go.

Go with Sabai. I stayed at Flipper for 10 years but since they tore down some old bars across the way there is live music blasting out until 3 a.m.

Of course if you don't want to sleep before then it's still a good buy.

I have become a fan of the Soi 2 area. This time I am staying at Sunshine Vista on Soi 3

I'm coming to Pattaya in one week...

I had my final choices narrowed down to Flipper Lodge and Sabai Lodge..   I contacted both via email...   Sabai Lodge responded the next day...  Flipper Lodge  5 days later...

LOL by the time Flipper got back to me I had already wheeled and dealed myself a weeks stay at Sabai Lodge..

Only reason I really wanted to go to Flipper Lodge was the in-hotel massage... But Sabai Lodge has several nice massage places close by .. Both places have nice pools..

Soi 2 bar scene will be my neighborhood and theres plenty of bahtbus passing nearby

Shakey  [smiley=cheers.gif]

I can only say go for Sabai Lodge.

In this moment I stay at Flipper Lodge, but Sabai Loge are better.

Shakey - The massage in hotel is nothing to tell about.

You will find the same or better massage in many place around the town.

Best Regards

PNO

How does the Sunshine Vista compare with the Sabai Inn/Lodge?

I'm thinking about trying it out, but only if it's a better value than the Sabai's.  costs are about the same ~1000B.

My thought right now is to stay at the Sabai Inn and when I become too well known with the Beer Bar girls at the top of Soi 2, to move over to the Sunshine Vista on Soi 3.

It will take you about 24 hours for the Soi 2 girls to spot you and have you marked for the duration! Of course you could walk down Soi 3, cut through the Welcom Inn and back to the Sabai Inn. Or you could wear a disguise, or you could say the hell with it and proudly walk down Soi 2.

I am moving to the Sunshine Vista because they have studio apartments with balconies and with the 7 for 6 special it works out to 1,200 with breakfast!

I've done the Welcome Inn route.  The other trick is to simply hire a baht bus (60 baht from South Pattaya), and have them drop you and your honey off in front of the Sabia Inn/Lodge.  Sometimes it's worth the extra 40 baht.   That works well since the girls rarely look inside a passing bus.

Have you seen the Studio Apartments at the Sunshine?  Sounds like something to look into.  If the girls near Soi 3 get to know you, you can always reverse your recommendation and get to your hotel via the Welcome Inn route.

I'll be there the first week of June.

Came back from Pattaya a week ago  :'(  Its been my 5th trip in a year, cant get the bloody place out of my system !!  Stayed at the Flipper a couple of times and it was nice, however only stayed there for 2 nights this time and moved out. The rooms were very jaded with chewing gum on the floor, the shower only being suitable for midgets....generally poor condition ( i think they are now going to refurbish it).  Anyhow moved into the AA Residence for the next 14 nights( Soi 13 ) and it was great  ( 700bht pn ) no joiner fee and nice service.  Had a look at Sandy Springs across the road and that looked even better  ( around 800bht a night,  so when I am back in August I will probably stay there !!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Stayed in Sabai Lodge 1st week of June. Guest are definitely allowed in the pool, but it "closes" at 9 pm. I was firmly asked to leave the pool during a 3 am swim, and it wasn't because of the guest.

Anyway price right now for the standard rooms are discounted down to 600. I chose a "superior B" with listed low season - price of 1050, wich was discounted to 900 before I even asked. (listed 1650 outside low season).

Only downside to Sabai Lodge is their restaurant (forgot name) which simply is not very good at all.

• 4 months later...