Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

John Oliver...sharp barbs against world leaders

I am posting this as an example of the kind of satire John Oliver has found himself in hot water over here in Thailand.

I won't post his Thailand segment, but here he goes after Assad of Syria...and you can see his style..

For more information, you can google "Last Week Tonight Thailand" (his show title) to find current stories on your own.

Here he is on Assad...

• 10 months later...

MM

I discoveredhim becuase of the FIFA fiasco his couple of segments on that where hilarious and since then i see he has done 2-4 bits on thailand , dont know if you want me to embed them here as they will no doubt seem sensitive, but they where very funny

MM

I discoveredhim becuase of the FIFA fiasco his couple of segments on that where hilarious and since then i see he has done 2-4 bits on thailand , dont know if you want me to embed them here as they will no doubt seem sensitive, but they where very funny

He's been chided by the (hyper) sensitive junta reps, even mentioned by name in some Thai government documents. I doubt he'll be visiting Thailand any time soon.

Rather than picking at old sores and drawing attention here, anyone wanting to see his very funny shows (most recent 2 days ago about the Thai use of Hitler symbols and likenesses), just google "youtube last week tonight thailand" and it's all there for review.

For a good laugh, look at the one posted July 31, 2014 titled "John Oliver answers to Thailand".