Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

mark land hotel

Baz - here is the website:

http://www.sawadee.com/pattaya/markland/

Click on the "show pictures and facilities" and it tells you all about the place.

I've booked for November for 40 nights - rate 1100baht including breakfast for me and tilac.

If you want to book let me know and I'll give you the e-mail of the head guy - Mr Pong, very helpful.

Cheers

I stay at the Mark-Land every year for about 1 month. This year I booked my reservation through ULTIMA TRAVEL. I got a rate of 1,125 Baht. (ultima@loxinfo.co.th)

I have only stayed in there standard rooms which is like a room at a nice hotel here in California. This room is spacious, with good A/C, a good sized tv with a good number of channels, a nice clean bright bathroom with a shower/tub. It has a well stocked refrigerator and very "guest friendly". No "joiner" fee. Nice balcony with a north to south view of the water.

ajweiss1

• 2 weeks later...

Just stayed there for two days Oct 17 to 19. Big room good free breakfast, nice view, guest friendly and very good aircon. NO COMPLAINTS and you can walk to the BIG C mall and Planet Rock is in the back, 2 blocks behind teh hotel

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,You will have no complaints when staying there as I can testify to. I booked after reading AJWEISS1's great review.Hi AJ !   You will find the review in this section if you search,and everthings true.ENJOY !!!                          MARLEY..

Dear TopDog:

I believe all the rooms have a balcony. Here is my 2 cents worth. Ask for a room on the odd number side. I ask for room 1003, on the 10th floor. The balconies have a north to south view which is a beautiful view at sunset or night, especially if you have a companion or two. I believe the even number side has a northern view, but since you are already at the northern end of Pattaya it doesn't seem to be quite as nice. Please don't misunderstand that I am saying anything negative about any room at the Mark-Land, just my personal observation so take it for what it is worth. If the odd side rooms were full and only the even number ones were available I would have no problem staying in them. In my humble opinion, any room at the Mark-Land is a very good value. Especially for the breakfast in the restaurant at the top of the hotel. Glass all the way around.

I hope you get the opportunity to stay there. If you do, please E-Mail me and tell me if you think I am full of crap or if you enjoy staying there. I won't mind either way because each person has different taste. I think it is a good value, especially if you can get the rate that Ultima travel has gotten me.

Sincerely,

ajweiss1@hotmail.com

I just returned from Pattaya and spent a few nights at the Markland.  I booked directly with the hotel, not through an online travel agent.  It seems that this is a hotel/condominium.  The hotel has their own set of rooms to book and travel agents handle privately owned units.  At least that is what I was lead to believe.  If I stay there again, I will use an online travel agent, rather then the hotel directly.  The room I stayed in was nice, had a great view of Pattaya (yes, get an odd numbered room), the staff was friendly, no joiner fee and no guest check in from what I experienced.  The hotel room I had was big and clean, but  a little musty smelling though.  The room price directly from the hotel was also a little higher then quoted by an online travel agent.  The ABF ended at about 10AM, a little early for me.  

If you go to a previous accomodations thread (Apartments/cheaper hotel for extended stay) it mentions that Lek of BJ's restaurant may be able to get you a room at Markland for B800 or less.  ;D

Papa Tom