Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Test driving my new camera at Heathrow

Just bought myself a new DSLR for Xmas, so thought i was test drive it out in preparation for my upcoming to trip to Thailand in January.
Seeing as im about a 10 min walk to Heathrow i strolled down to Hatton Cross to take a few piccy's of the planes and surrounding area for you.

IMG_0001_zpseae550c0.jpg

IMG_0005_zpsc7a4cf2e.jpg
IMG_0009_zpsde18be7a.jpg
IMG_0011_zps676109cd.jpg
IMG_0013_zps482e60ba.jpg
IMG_00142_zpsea9e91ca.jpg
IMG_0017_zps841b2048.jpg
IMG_0021_zpsf87a5428.jpg
IMG_0029_zps3e47710d.jpg
IMG_0034_zpsa00aeb67.jpg
IMG_00372_zpsb5484e02.jpg
IMG_0045_zps053da7f3.jpg
IMG_0048_zpse7352417.jpg
IMG_0052_zps047a6ee7.jpg
IMG_0055_zps7e51bae9.jpg
  • Upvote 2

Nice pics Firth. Did you buy the body only or lens as well?.

It always takes me a while to get to grips with a new camera. My last purchase was a Nikon Coolpix which , while being excellent, still took me the best part of a fortnight to get the hang of. (Sent it back for a refund after the lens cap refused to close :( ).

Air Canada in flight is great, along with the BA 747 & Qantas A380 etc (nice spot of the Thai 747 as well, must have been around 1pm?). The BA planes lined up seems a little bright though.

That seems a good spot for taking some take off vids as well mate, is that where a lot of the Youtube spotters film from?.

It always takes me a while to get to grips with a new camera. My last purchase was a Nikon Coolpix which , while being excellent, still took me the best part of a fortnight to get the hang of. (Sent it back for a refund after the lens cap refused to close :( ).

Air Canada in flight is great, along with the BA 747 & Qantas A380 etc (nice spot of the Thai 747 as well, must have been around 1pm?). The BA planes lined up seems a little bright though.

That seems a good spot for taking some take off vids as well mate, is that where a lot of the Youtube spotters film from?.

Cheers Butch. I bought the body and lens together.

I think the BA jets look so bright because of the fencing and foilage infront of them. Maybe i played around with one too many of the functions at the time. As stated, this was a test run.

You get loads of spotters in that area most days, dependent on take off patterns and weather.

Also,this was a test run, as im going to be in Thailand in 4 weeks time and needed to see what the camera can do.

Hmmm, if you bought this to take to Thailand to photograph Airplanes on infinity distance, wide land scapes, outside scenes at high light levels, you bought the right camera, to judge by your pictures.

However, this being a mongerers forum, are you also planning to do low light shots, close ups, ultra close ups, artificial light shots, etc, like a lot of the stuff we see on "sexy Thai girls etc"

If so, I suggest you do some more testing, change your subject to include what .i just listed above, and familiarise yourself with your camera under those conditions.

Doesn't need to be a naked Thai girl as subject, but similar conditions. You old aunt in her parlour in the evening will do, and she can keep her clothes on. Your dog, your kids, your wife. Get some very close ups, a nose filling a frame, extreme light conditions, experiment.

Because, when you are faced with your Barfined lady, at 1.00 AM in a badly lit hotelroom, after she comes out of the shower, you don't want to waste time fumbling, you want to be confident, and know exactly what you need to do to get the succesful picture.

Pre requisites:

Clean the lens before you go out on the town, check for empty memory card and full battery.

Take iff the lenscap, switch on the camera

Practice, practice, practice with dry runs....

• Upvote 1

Well firth I don't think you'll be disappointed mate. Canon make the best kit out there and for a test run, that's better than most of the stuff I end up with after 2 weeks!.

looking again, that A380 Qantas, 3rd & 4th from last is pretty bloody epic! Out of interest how far away were you at the time?.