Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Sorry guys...problem with youtube videos...fix coming soon I hope

There's been an ongoing problem with embedding youtube videos for a few weeks now.

Invision says youtube made some change that required a manual change (by admin) to the board setup.

Yours truly followed the instructions faithfully, but sadly, incorrectly, and now it appears the problem is even worse.

As I understand it, when Invision gets back to me with the help I have asked for at digging us out of this mess, any videos that now do not embed, or do not play correctly, will start to work again. That's my hope anyway.

So, in the meantime, to make sure you get it right when you post a youtube video, do the following:

How to embed a youtube video

Under the youtube video, there is a SHARE button.

Click on that, and then look below it to a box with highlighted text that has the url with a youtu.be address and some gobbledygook along with it.

Copy all that highlighted text into your post where you want the video to appear.

For the moment at least, you will get the video looking like it's embedded, but i think when you click play, it will say it cannot play it.

Don't worry..that will be fixed in a day or so.

Invision has gotten back to me and I have made the appropriate (I hope) changes, so youtube videos should be embedding okay now.

Let me know if any of you still have problems.

Thanks!