Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I like a BBQ chicken. They seem to be hard to find these days.

The closest place to me to get one was on Ptratamnak rd near the intersection with Thrappaya. He seems to have shut shop, haven't seen him open in a while.

There was a place at food mart on Trappaya and a similar one at the corner of 3rd road and Soi reginal land. Both shut when I went yesterday.

So I rode out to Tesco. None in the BBQ chicken section. I ask the lady what happened, where is the BBQ chickens? I get the "no hab" and accompanying blank stare.

I found some BBQed pieces at the Pratamnak market but it's just not the same. I want the whole chook, cooked rotisserie style. One with western style seasoned stuffing would be a bonus. Anyone got any ideas where to get some decent chicken?

Haven't checked in a while, but there are usually BBQ rotisserie chicken vendors along Thappraya on the left as you go to Jomtien before the hill...between Residence Garden and Soi 5 where there's some empty space.

Also, there are several at the junction of Thappraya and 3rd Road. As you come down 3rd from Pattaya Tai, there's a left turn lane to Thappraya at the overpass..rather than turning left to Thappraya, take the small road that turns back parallel to 3rd road...

Haven't checked in a while, but there are usually BBQ rotisserie chicken vendors along Thappraya on the left as you go to Jomtien before the hill...between Residence Garden and Soi 5 where there's some empty space.

Also, there are several at the junction of Thappraya and 3rd Road. As you come down 3rd from Pattaya Tai, there's a left turn lane to Thappraya at the overpass..rather than turning left to Thappraya, take the small road that turns back parallel to 3rd road...

Thanks, I'll check them out. They're not too far from where I am.

I was coming back from the Naklua post office and I found a place on Soi Bukaow, same side as Wok n Rock but South a bit. Getting my fix now of BBQ chicken with Nandos sauce.

Probably a bit out of the way for you but the food section upstairs in the Big CExtra supermarket has a range, and even has BBQ Pork. They often have them on promo specials.

There's a place on 3rd Road somewhere before South Pattaya Road where I always see at least a dozen of them roasting and they do look good. Need to check the exact location, though...

• 4 weeks later...

I like a BBQ chicken. They seem to be hard to find these days.

The closest place to me to get one was on Ptratamnak rd near the intersection with Thrappaya. He seems to have shut shop, haven't seen him open in a while.

There was a place at food mart on Trappaya and a similar one at the corner of 3rd road and Soi reginal land. Both shut when I went yesterday.

So I rode out to Tesco. None in the BBQ chicken section. I ask the lady what happened, where is the BBQ chickens? I get the "no hab" and accompanying blank stare.

I found some BBQed pieces at the Pratamnak market but it's just not the same. I want the whole chook, cooked rotisserie style. One with western style seasoned stuffing would be a bonus. Anyone got any ideas where to get some decent chicken?

I remember seeing quite recently a cart on Soi Buakow near to 18 coins that had whole chickens on a turning spit. He was there a few times when I passed by, so maybe it is his usual spot. I say his, but it could have been a woman, I just looked at the golden brown chickens and my mouth started watering.

I remember seeing quite recently a cart on Soi Buakow near to 18 coins that had whole chickens on a turning spit. He was there a few times when I passed by, so maybe it is his usual spot. I say his, but it could have been a woman, I just looked at the golden brown chickens and my mouth started watering.

Yes I have seen that guy, on the 18 coins side.