Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have downloaded and am testing the Opera web browser. When I want to open Pattaya Talk, I get a warning that this is a malicious site, I am strongly urged to NOT open it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Chrome and Firefox do not give this warning.

I also get the same warning using Opera - Strangely this is the only site that I have ever had the warning.

I sent a bug report to Opera saying that my anti-virus nor Chrome or Firefox see any problem. It remains to be seen if they pay any attention to it. It takes me an extra click to ignore the warning. Their warning could cause problems for the owners of some sites. This is the only site so far that shows the warning.

Hmm. I guess I should install Opera and see what's up.

P.S.

Okay, I checked it. A Russian search engine site yandex.com reported the forum as containing malicious software.

There is that persistent problem with going to pattayatalk.com/forums via Google search and getting redirected to url4short.info, which is malicious.

I have done everything in my power short of a complete reinstall of the forum and all data to eliminate this problem, but it keeps getting reinfected.

So, Opera is right in a way, and if you want to access the forum, DO NOT ACCESS IT FROM A GOOGLE SEARCH. Use the direct URL http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums instead.

Edited by MM
added p.s.

P.S.

Okay, I checked it. A Russian search engine site yandex.com reported the forum as containing malicious software.

There is that persistent problem with going to pattayatalk.com/forums via Google search and getting redirected to url4short.info, which is malicious.

I have done everything in my power short of a complete reinstall of the forum and all data to eliminate this problem, but it keeps getting reinfected.

So, Opera is right in a way, and if you want to access the forum, DO NOT ACCESS IT FROM A GOOGLE SEARCH. Use the direct URL http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums instead.

From Opera;

[bTS] (DNA-40762) The below site is listed as malicious. My antivirus doesn't see a problem nor does Chrome or Firefox.

Opera Software (DNA-40762@bugs.opera.com) Add to contacts 7:31 AM Keep this message at the top of your inbox

To: glalt@hotmail.com

DNA-40762@bugs.opera.com

Hi,

Thanks for your bug report.

The website will be blocked in Opera, and in any other browser where the user has installed the Yandex toolbar. You can see the Yandex report here:

https://yandex.com/infected?url=www.pattayatalk.com

Yandex have said the website is malicious because it appears to be infected by a malicious redirector virus (as stated by the owner of the website in their forum). The website owner needs to fix the website, and update all relevant software to prevent re-infection.

Normally infections like this happen because the website is using outdated software, which has known security issues. Eg. the website uses Apache 2.2.26, but they should be using 2.2.29 or 2.4.12. The website uses IP.Board 3.4.6 for the forums, but it should be using 3.4.8. Little things like this may be exploited by attackers to put malware on the website.

Once the website removes the malware, Yandex will re-scan the site and see that it has been fixed, and they will remove the block. The website owner can also talk to Yandex using the details here:

http://help.yandex.com/search/?id=1111971

Thanks again for your report.

Security Group

Opera Software ASA

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I have done everything in my power short of a complete reinstall of the forum

and all data to eliminate this problem, but it keeps getting reinfected.

Hi MM. I find that rather strange ??

At 99% this redirect is a set of "rewrite" rules added in your forum '.htaccess'

IP.Board is rather safe (if you are up to date)

so you should look on the modules/plugins you may have add.

Protecting (chmod a-w) the '.htaccess' and the 'www' directory could help too.

Is the directory used to upload images well protected and with no php allowed ?

I have downloaded and am testing the Opera web browser. When I want to open Pattaya Talk, I get a warning that this is a malicious site, I am strongly urged to NOT open it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Chrome and Firefox do not give this warning.

I have had that warning on Chrome and I try it again and I do not get the warning.

P.S.

Yes, it happens in Chrome for me if I access from a google search.

I use Avast for my antivirus and not sure if it is involved. I don't think it is though, as with Avast I get loud bell sounds, if it thinks there is a problem.

With Chrome I have no addon toolbar.

Edited by midlifecrisis

I continue to use Opera. It is much faster (for me) than Chrome or Firefox. I like Opera. It just takes one click to ignore the warning.