Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Qatar Airways from Manchester

Hi just booked flights for me and the wife got Qatar from Manchester for 398 quid return each change at Doha 1 hour wait outbound 3 hour wait inbound, as the legs are not what they used to be the chance to strech them is good for me got it at www.airline-network.co.uk

louyi,

When are you travelling?  I've been scraping around for business class flights with them ex MAN in mid-March but seem to be hitting a brick wall at the moment.

I'd appreciate if you can let us know what the flight was like since they now do the quickest door-to-door (home to hotel) for us guys in the North West.

Regards,

Tom

Hi ,

I flew with them last October/November, LHR/BKK return, 4/5 hour stop in Doha on outbound 2 hour on the return but they did give us a free meal/drinks voucher to use in the terminal but there's no alcohol anywhere. Small airport and not much to do except wander the expensive duty free. They use airbus 330's , seatback tv's (multi choice movies/channels), footrests and the food and service is ok. lot's of big US warplanes parked on site so security may be tight.

Lewis,

Glad you’re both getting out here at last.

Our ladies UK visa problems seem a long time ago now, but for me, it was good to have your support at the time. :)

Give us a ring when your settled?

Nos. PM’ed to you.

Mike & Kes.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we live and learn Qatar should read Craptar, what a shite rag head airline,

1, On the flight from Man to Doha the seats where falling to bits, the bar was limited and they ran out of one of the choices for the hot meal, inflight entertainment was out of the ark, though they do run a good ad about how there is a new system coming on line in November doubt it my self, Doha airport was nice and shiney new apart from the huge ques to go through xray and metal detection for your transfer, though if you walk around in a white bed sheet you can go straight to head of the que it would seem, oops forgot about the faithful praying on the floor by the bogs

you may need to walk over them.

2, Doha to BKK well i never we ran out of one of the hot food choices again and ended up with the same as from MAN, the wife likes wine but after I had called the stewardess for the 4th  bottle I was getting worried she was going to do me an njury as she certainly wasn't on the flight help the passengesr out.

The flight back was much the same apart from they managed to keep the 2 choices of hot food going this time. So we shan't be using them again and they have a hell of a long way to go to even get close to emirates.

Well, thanx for the info. As if I wasn`t worried enough already! I`ve had my flights changed 3 times and now ended up with only 50min to make the change of planes, not much considering long queues and busy christmas time.

Emerites was £150 more, maybe it would have been worth it?

RD  :-/

• 2 weeks later...

I am going end of December,Manchester-Doha-Bkk and they have changed my flight times 3 times and now they have just cancelled my connecting flight from Doha to BKK.I have to pay 25.00 gbp and stay in Qatar!! overnight in a 5 star hotel full board so I am told.

It is disgraceful and I will not be using them again after this.The flight was cheap at 450.gbp for that time of year I suppose but I am losing an invaluable night in Thailand and staying in a well dodgy country for 1 day.

Will there be any more changes? Hope not,its gone too far already.The ragheads were annoying at Dubai airport last time but staying with a load of them in their own country is very disappointing.

Hi Jauls, don't worry too much. The Qatari's are ok. The country is very much the dame as Dubai. You will have a good time in your hotel if it is really a 5*. I wish you luck and hope that the missed night in LoS is not too painful. All the best!

Jauls, I had the same cancelled connection from doha to Bkk. After some calls i found out that it was because of the flight time being altered and leaving only about 40 min between flights. I called Qatat Air direct and they said it only took 30min to change in doha and I should have my flight returned to original booking. Since then I`ve had another itinery with a 50 min change time! so I would give them a call and try and get back on your original conection.

After severely "voicing my concern" about short change overs and ever changing itineries! I have been but on "wait list" for an earlier flight. Maybe this would be an option for you also? You do not lose your original flight booking when going on "wait list"

RD

Hi Rd,

Is your flight the one on December 28 at 9.30am? I have two friends flying out on Dec 29 and they are ok with their flight with Qatar Airways.

There will be 3 of us having to stop in Qatar.Our last itinary had a 50 minute changeover time so I cannot understand the cancellation.We also thought maybe the flight had somehow been overbooked and we are the ones to miss out.An earlier flight would be a little difficult as we have our holidays booked at work and cannot really have any more time off with it being xmas time, and also the accomodation in Thailand is already sorted out now.

We have all talked about it now and decided to stop in Qatar overnight,I suppose its something a little different.Don't think I can handle anymore changes though.Thanks for the info.I will be happy when I am in my first beer bar ;D and can forget about Qatar Airways.

Hope you have a good time there,might even see you around.

take care

No jauls, I am booked on the 21st the previous Sunday, but it seems the sunday morning flight is the one affected. The flight had originally a 1hr 15 min change, then altered to 40 min. This is when I was given the following day connection.....

Will be checking with them next week for updates on my 15th wait listing....fingers crossed! 6 bonus days!

RD

Hi

Any changeover between flights of less  than 2 hours is

asking for  trouble.

Both times i  had  only 75 minutes before next flight my luggage  didnt turn up.

Luckily they were both  on the  return  journey so the 2 days  i  had  to  wait  were  no  probs

Id rather pay extra with  emirates and  have  the  3 hour  change at  dubai.Thers a nice irish  pub in dubai airport to  while  away  the time

pattayaman

Guess what,just been informed that Qatar Airways have changed my flights for a 5th time!!!  They now want me to stay in Qatar for 2 nights for a further 25.00 gbp and arrive in Bkk on 31 Dec at 19.25 hours!!.After much debating and angry conversation with my travel company they have found me a seat on the Monday 29th flight arriving in Bkk on Dec 30 at 19.25 hours.

I should have got into Bkk originally on Dec 29 at 06.50 hours.I have lost 2 full days in Thailand.Its gonna be about 20.30 hours when I get to my hotel,I have lost 2 days of sunshine and now am losing nightlife time also,its gonna be really late going out now at night after unpacking and showering,I am so pissed off.I will never go with this airline again.There is no alternative flights also that are affordable.

Please be warned,avoid this airline like the plague.They are amatuers and they do not understand that you cannot fuck people around like this and hope to gain future business. >:( :'( :(