Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Best Seats on Evergreen delux ??

can any boardies and in particular Cheshire Tom give me an idea on obtaining best seats with Eva Evergreen.

Regards

Griffo

Griffo,

Evergreen can be booked 100 days in advance of travel on 0207 380 8300.

EVA currently operates a 747-400 Combi from LHR and the best seats that you can pre-book are 27 D or G.  You can also put row 26 on request but this will only be confirmed at check-in.

There was a post some time ago stating that EVA will revert to a full pax 747 at some point during the summer.  If this aircraft is the 386 seat version then the above mentioned seats still apply.  If it is a 342 seat version rows 45 and 46 appear to be the best bet.  I will try and find out what the situation is and let you know.

The seating plans for all three aircraft are below:

http://www.frequentflyer.oag.com/airlines_...rts/seating.asp

Tom

Griffo,

Yes you can.  What I do is call the airline and request an aisle seat about 3 months before I travel.  Also Evergreen deluxe (at least on the long haul flights), coach is too small and too many kids for a fella my age.  I get the aisle seat so I do not have to crawl over anyone and wake them up.  (unless they are snoring)

john  

Cheshire Tom,

Thanks for your most excellent and informative resonse to my request. I have now booked my choen seats on Evergreen delux  for travel 7th Sept return 4th May. I do hope that we get the chance to meet and mabe share a beer or two.

Kind regards

Griffo

On the combis I prefer row 20. That the first row of seats. Gonna try getting them this time when I go. Freewilly was lucky. He got them to BKK.

Guest Fatboyfat
On the combis I prefer row 20. That the first row of seats. Gonna try getting them this time when I go. Freewilly was lucky. He got them to BKK.

Trouble is with those seats is if anyone is travelling with a rug-rat, they get priority on them.

IMHO the very best of the combi seats are those two in the centre of row 24 with the "coffee table" effort in front of them ! However, it does seem almost impossible to get hold of them, and they always seem to be occupied by Taiwan nationals.

Funnily enough I did get in them once, as the guy I was travelling with was considered too "fat a bloater" :) to occupy the emergency exit seat that he'd been given (Row 27), so they changed his seat to one of the Row 24 ones; and after that the girl that was in the other seat, asked me if I would mind changing also, so that she could stay with hubby/boyfriend

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I sent an enquiry to OURS Travel for a price for LHR-BKK out late Jan back early Feb Eva Evergreen Deluxe.

Today I received an e-mail with booking reference number and saying that I am booked in Economy L, is this deluxe?

Also is there a site anywhere which lists the different ticket codes for airlines? I would imagine there are minor differences from airline to airline.

The fare is £580 + 57 tax which seems good to me if it is Deluxe, but Ours made no mention of wanting C/C yet.

Guest Fatboyfat

Gus

Sometimes the Evergreen Deluxe with Ours Is L, Sometimes Y.

The price is correct for Deluxe (from one of the outstations) London departure should be £555 +AP tax. They only ever take any payment 2 weeks before departure (full amount); So cancellation up to then is obviously free.

NB They add 1% for use of credit cards. No charge for Switch if you have that.

FBF

Thanks for all the info regarding Ours Travel and the tips for booking, my friend visits Taiwan on business and I have told him to get in touch with Ours.

Rgds Gus