Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just booked a flight on Northwest to BKK for $647 RT from New York, all taxes included.  That's about $100 less than the next cheapest I could find.  I'll be out there the end of August.  Cheers.

N.W will be wacking about 130 Pilots and snipping service in Hawaii like a big bite!

Not surprised, these airlines are so cheap.  I just returned from New York on Continental.  When i flew into Syracuse i was on a very small plane, which actually wasn't that bad.  But these airlines are so cheap they only gave me a half soda and small bag of pretzels.    The only good thing I got out of flying this week was I collect miles with NWA and continental is their partner, 5000 more and I get a free trip to LOS.  ;D ;D  And the price was great, $350.00 roundtrip, kind of like a sore dick can't beat it.  But I normally I fly Eva to LOS.

cheers

kj

kjvegas good luck getting a free flight out of Northwest I have 75000 accumulated miles but can't get a free flight when I can go on vacation  they limit when their miles can be used . Would be a better system if you could plug in where your leaving from and where you want to go and they could supply us with available dates that we could use our miles for

On NWA or Continental Airlines I have never had a problem using my FLM miles.   Sometimes you need to play with the dates or go to unrestricted but no big deal. But also I am elite Platinum on both so I think they may handle my account a little different than most.

kjvegas good luck getting a free flight out of Northwest I have 75000 accumulated miles but can't get a free flight when I can go on vacation  they limit when their miles can be used . Would be a better system if you could plug in where your leaving from and where you want to go and they could supply us with available dates that we could use our miles for

Thanks for the info, I will have to book it 6 months in advance.   When I return home for Christmas I should have enough for the free trip, I also collect NWA miles with my MCI long distance.   I am going to call them and ask them when I can use the miles.  I am thinking next June I am going to take a leave of absense from my job for about a month, I will give my boss the exact dates after I book the free trip (my boss hates me anyway) :).  I'll fly Eva until then, the Flight Attendants are much cutier ;D I get free upgrades to Evergreen Deluxe and I like Eva's arrival times into Bangkok (11am).  Fishingtime thanks for the advice, I will keep that in mind when I am ready to redeem my free ticket.

KJ

Earlier this summer they had a great deal where you could apply miles to a portion of a ticket.  If I recall correctly you could get to LOS from the States for about $250 + 20,000 miles.  NW seems to have Asian promotions all the time.

On my last trip though the bastards wouldn't let me change my flight back from Thailand for a few days later, even for a big fee.  Of course I just said fuck it and bought a new one-way ticket home!

-Vox

In response to NWA - I will be back this Sept for another 14 days of fun in the sun.

NWA emailed me advising that there was a slight change to my flight, instead of the usual 747-400 they changed to a DC10. Talk about an outdated jet.  I asked the agent why the change and she stated that the flight from SFO was only 1/3 filled.  The flight from Narita to BKK is near capacity and the reason for that is that all other flights arriving from other point of orgin, LAX, Seattle, ect are packed onto the Narita to BKK leg.

Also when it came to using my FFM, I could never get into Business Class, even when when I would plan it a year in advance.

They also bumped the mileage up for flying economy from the usual 60k to 90k-110k, using Best Available or Rule Buster. Using the Standard Rule method, flights were not available.

The only advantage left to NWA members is when you  fly economy, your elite status allows you to board with 1st- Class and Business Class. Also you are able to sit just behing Business Class rows 20-30.

BobSJ [smiley=banghead.gif] [smiley=banghead.gif]

next time you want to upgrade into business class or use miles for an award ticket, try using this website

http://usr.v7.com/wpaa/

This will give you a good idea what legs are available.  For trips to asia it's usually possible to get upgraded to Narita.  The flights to and from Bangkok though are the hard parts to upgrade.

Also if you haven't used it.  Flyertalk.com is an invaluable resource for the frequent flyer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/milesfr.shtml

Yinzer

In response to NWA - I will be back this Sept for another 14 days of fun in the sun.

NWA emailed me advising that there was a slight change to my flight, instead of the usual 747-400 they changed to a DC10.  

Also when it came to using my FFM, I could never get into Business Class, even when when I would plan it a year in advance.

They also bumped the mileage up for flying economy from the usual 60k to 90k-110k, using Best Available or Rule Buster. Using the Standard Rule method, flights were not available.

BobSJ [smiley=banghead.gif] [smiley=banghead.gif]

That all sucks, I am getting upset with NWA.  I have close to 60,000 miles.  I also collect on Continental (NWA partner) when I travel in states.  I called NWA and was on hold forever, I emailed them and they never return my email.   I wanted to use the miles next summer but who knows, I feel like telling them to keep their f***ing miles.

I'll stick to EVA, better everything.  I am a member of evergreen club.  I can upgrade to evergreen deluxe with my miles on both long haul flights this time. They even get into Bangkok at a better time (11am versus midnight).   Also the flight attendents are much cutier, a 100-110 pound (46-50 kilo) flight attendent versus a 200-250 (91-114 kilo) pound linebacker / flight attendent with cankles.  ;D ;D ;D I'm going EVA.

cheers

KJ

picteva.jpg

Flying will never be the same!

A jumbo jet is just coming into the Tampa Bay, Florida Airport on its final approach.  The pilot comes on the intercom, "This is your Captain. We're on our final descent into Tampa. I want to thank you for flying with us today and I hope you enjoy your stay in Tampa Bay".

He forgets to switch off the intercom. Now the whole plane can hear his conversation from the cockpit. The copilot says to the pilot, "Well, skipper, watcha gonna do in Tampa?"

"Well," says the skipper, "first I'm gonna check into the hotel and take a big crap.... then I'm gonna take that new stewardess with the [smiley=tits.gif] huge tits  [smiley=tits.gif] out for dinner. . . then I'm gonna wine and dine her, take her back to my room and [smiley=bonk.gif] put it to her [smiley=bonk.gif] big time all night."

Everyone on the plane hears this and immediately begins looking up and down the aisle trying to get a look at the new stewardess.

Meanwhile the new stewardess is at the very back of the plane. She's so embarrassed that she starts to run to try and get to the cockpit to turn the intercom off. Halfway down the aisle, she trips over an old lady's bag and down she goes.

The old lady leans over and says: "No need to hurry, dear. He's gotta take a shit first."

And how was your flight to Bangkok, Thailand?

If you have 90k+ Northwest miles, you may to fly Malaysian Airlines a NWA 'partner'--You can fly 'business' class to BKK for 90k or 'first' class for 120k-

Both of which, I've heard, are readily available with miles.

VERY, VERY hard to get a 'standard' business class seat from the US to anywhere in SE Asia on NWA.

I can't figure out NWA,  I got a fare of $707 in Jun for my Jan 2004 trip {Charlotte NC to Bangkok}  I never buy a ticket 6 months in advance, but at that price I had to say YES... [smiley=thumbup.gif]

NWA has had some very low prices on trips over the high season. I got a $630 dollar fare in December for a friend Houston to Bangkok. Also NWA offers price protection if you buy the ticket from them, if the price goes down they will give you a credit for the difference in the fares.  Plus a great Elite WorldPerks program, upgrades most of the time.