Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

White Pine Cone, soi 15 off Walking Street

A Thai gentleman has just opened a restaurant on soi 15, just past where it crosses soi 14 off of Walking Street. What I've seen so far at White Pine Cone is quite promising.

White Pine Cone is a small affair, an air-conditioned singlewide shophouse. The menu is broadly Italian, with pastas and sandwiches.

Being unusually sober after a night at Baby Dolls, I dropped in on my way home and ordered the pesto and cashew nut fettucine. The pesto sauce was rich and the garlic bread that came with it was really garlicky, made with garlic butter not the diced raw garlic often seen in Thailand. A simple dish but nicely prepared and presented. Best of all, the whole meal set me back an astonishing 117 baht!

-- I'll try to take a better look next time and give more details on the rest of the menu. The service is friendly and the food is good and cheap. In fact I think I'll make an entry in EP's "under 300 baht and good" thread.

Drop in and support a young Thai entrepreneur who seems to have found a niche: Tasty food at a reasonable price that isn't the usual pub grub.

Edited by MeGoDanceNow
  • Upvote 3

Do you know how late they are open? It seems they'd do well if they can stay open until after the bars close when some might like a nice meal to soak up all the alcohol.

Do you know how late they are open? It seems they'd do well if they can stay open until after the bars close when some might like a nice meal to soak up all the alcohol.

I stumbled in there about midnight so I think he's prepared to stay open till the wee hours. Next time I'm in I'll ask.

In fact I think I'll make an entry in EP's "under 300 baht and good" thread.

Is this the restaurant you mean?

post-9139-0-46532600-1483848223.jpg

If so, there's already a review of it in this thread: White Pines. If not, we need to distinguish between the two.

White Pines was originally open until 1.00 a.m., but they might have extended their hours, especially on weekends.

Evil

:devil

That's the one. Maybe we can merge the threads?

That's not necessary as the other review is in the "Under 300 Baht ..." thread. But the name of the restaurant is "White Pines" and it's on Soi 14 rather than Soi 15. The routes of Sois 14 and 15 off WS are counter-intuitive.

Evil

That's not necessary as the other review is in the "Under 300 Baht ..." thread. But the name of the restaurant is "White Pines" and it's on Soi 14 rather than Soi 15. The routes of Sois 14 and 15 off WS are counter-intuitive.

Evil

Don't the sois cross?

Looks like EP is right. They don't cross but kiss in the middle like two circonflexes.

Yes the road signs at the 2nd Rd end would confirm that.

• 2 weeks later...