Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Cathay Pacific Service Vouchers

As reported recently in my trip report I had an enforced stop over in Hong Kong. When I got home I sent a complaint into them about the miserly HK $75 for meals and lo and behold they sent me $US 100 in service vouchers. I believe that there a number of boardies that fly Cathay or Cathay Dragon I wonder if they have any ideas how I can use these vouchers for other than international flights?

I managed to get a one off special fare from them last time but normally they are twice the price of my usual carriers. I am unlikely to use them again in the near future and wonder if anyone had found a better/different use for them?

Give them a call, they might be able to advise you a bit better as they can be used to purchase duty free etc (not sure if only on board or if inside the Airport) We use Cathay all the time but have never had any delays or reason for vouchers handed over in lieu of, touch wood.

Hi there and thanks Butch. I will follow up on your thoughts. It would solve every thing if I could get duty free in the airport. I did however think after posting to put the query on Google and find that I am not the only person frustrated with vouchers like this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

What is a "forced stop"?

I am so unhappy with Cathay Pacific that I would trade a CA ticket for an AA ticket. I never had a problem getting to BKK on time with any other airline.

What is a "forced stop"?

I am so unhappy with Cathay Pacific that I would trade a CA ticket for an AA ticket. I never had a problem getting to BKK on time with any other airline.

For me a enforced stop was where I was unable to fly from Hong Kong to Bangkok because the international plane I was on was running late and as it was the last one of the day I was put up in the airport hotel. The reasons for the vouchers is contained in my recent trip report. I have realised that there is no booking office for Cathay in my country and the only ways I can see of using these vouchers is to fly again with Cathay (the prices are going to have to fall a lot before that happens) and use them for duty free or list them on an online sales site and hopefully get fifty cents in the dollar.

For me a enforced stop was where I was unable to fly from Hong Kong to Bangkok because the international plane I was on was running late and as it was the last one of the day I was put up in the airport hotel. The reasons for the vouchers is contained in my recent trip report. I have realised that there is no booking office for Cathay in my country and the only ways I can see of using these vouchers is to fly again with Cathay (the prices are going to have to fall a lot before that happens) and use them for duty free or list them on an online sales site and hopefully get fifty cents in the dollar.

Rather ironic that an airline offers compensation for their failings by issuing you a voucher that can only be utilized by risking them again.

• Upvote 1

... and Jacko from a country where there is no actual booking office. I just spoke to a Chinese lady in Hong Kong on their 0800 number. As far as I can work out this means that I cannot use the vouchers for flights from my home country as I cannot book direct.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk