Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Foreigners in Thailand will soon be able to apply for a 10 year visa.

Someone responded to your message saying about India and no strings attached. Here it is all hoops and strings attatched. Don't know who dreams up these things but I know they have no idea about encouraging people to come here. It is just all about money

It was me who acquired the 10 year visa and it was indeed no strings attached. The longest visa I've had for The Kingdom is 6 months.

You may be able to get medical insurance from the guy at the Expats Club. He has been able to source some suppliers that will consider older guys.

As to the £238,000.. you are on your own!

What makes you think they want more Expats....? Not much money in them as far as immigration are concerned, Just 1900 baht p.a. for quite a bit of processing.

Hasn't that amount if 1900b remained steady for almost a decade? If I remember,that's what I paid in 2008.

Hasn't that amount if 1900b remained steady for almost a decade? If I remember,that's what I paid in 2008.

Yes, I believe so. And the amount is the same price whether it is a tourist extending his 30 day visa waver entry for a further 30 days, or an Expat getting another extension on his ancient Non-Imm O, for 365 days. That is my point about it not being much of an earner for Immigration. There will often be Re-entry permits required, and a multiple is quite expensive at 3800 baht. I wonder how many Expat retirees actually need one, I expect most would go get a cheap 1000 baht single if need to go home arises, otherwise stay in Thailand.

My underlying point is, the cost of being retired in Thailand, has been fixed and to be honest, cheap, for a long time.

Does anyone know what options are available to those of us under 50? I am considering moving to Thailand in the next two years. I can work from home. Only occasional trips to the United States require. Will probably buy a condo, most likely in Phuket or Samui