Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Suggestions please (yeah I know it's been done before)

Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

I decided to go with the LK Royal Wing in the end. After seeing some youtube reviews and reading about it, I think that at 1600THB per night for a superior room is not too shabby and pretty much on my Hotel budget. As long at it is quiet and has a pool I'm happy. All the LK hotels are guest friendly as well, but as I don't monger, it matters not.

Their comms are very good actually, which is a good sign. I will write a full report after my trip along with some probably crappy pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, where do I start.

The pool area is small. There are very few loungers or seats and the only cover was a sail cloth possibly 4x4. I really felt sorry for the girls as you know what Thai girls and sunlight are like. If there was no space under the sail cloth they scuttled around trying to find a shaded spot. Just to add more pain the pool got a bug in and it closed down for a week or so. I had no issues with the room or the attitudes of the staff but for me the pool, or lack of it is a deal breaker and I would rather head back to Soi 2 and the Sabai properties.

All I can tell you in summary is this. I have stayed or visited hotels all over Pattaya and of those with a pool this is the worst that I have stayed in. I have seen worse but not much.

Like yourself I need the daily swim and a place to stretch out and have a comfortable read. I have also found that the pool are can be a good social spot for making the odd acquaintance. One other thing is that if you are into LT or LLT girls a pool with recliners and shade id a necessity.

I would appreciate it some one in Pattaya would make a trip up there (its on the roof) and gave an up to date report.

I dont know if you know or not but there are 2 D locations,one is D apartments and the other is D hotel, which one did you stay in ? i believe they are in 2 different soi's though back to back properties