Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

JAL LAX-BKK-$440-RT-including-all-taxes

https://www.theflightdeal.com/2020/08/14/japan-airlines-los-angeles-bangkok-thailand-440-roundtrip-including-all-taxes

Sample Travel Date:

• April 9th – 16th, 2021
  • This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below

Fare Availability:

• Valid for travel in April 2021. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
  • Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
2 hours ago, 4wheels said:

I'm scheduled to leave on April 22 from Miami on UA & ANA.

Are you expecting to travel just as you would have done pre-Covid?

37 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Best of luck. You are more optimistic than I am!

I guess I'm the eternal optimist in the later stages of life. I got a great deal on premium economy on all segments to help mitigate the 3 hours to Newark,the 13:45 to Narita and the 6:45 to BKK. Plus it gives me access to the lounges which will make the 4:30 and 2:00 connections in Narita more bearable. 8 months is a long time-so we'll see. Hopefully there is a vaccine by then and they inject us elderly early on.

That is a fantastic deal, thanks for posting. I blow 4-5 K on Business every year. For that money i would sure try  premium class. My Thanksgiving trip back to the states this year is canceled . No way way i want to be stuck there.     Good luck hope it works out.

1 hour ago, sailingbill said:

That is a fantastic deal, thanks for posting. I blow 4-5 K on Business every year. For that money i would sure try  premium class. My Thanksgiving trip back to the states this year is canceled . No way way i want to be stuck there.     Good luck hope it works out.

You're welcome. My premium economy described above was just over 1k from Miami which is about as far from BKK as you can get in CONUS.

• 2 weeks later...

What good are these fares if you can not go anywhere?

I get offers from various airlines, I just delete them

Already I have a ticket for November 1, that I bought pre-covid, I am trying to get refund

10 hours ago, syed said:

What good are these fares if you can not go anywhere?

I get offers from various airlines, I just delete them

Already I have a ticket for November 1, that I bought pre-covid, I am trying to get refund

I thought it was obvious, but I guess not. These fares are for up to 9 months from now. 

57 minutes ago, 4wheels said:

I thought it was obvious, but I guess not. These fares are for up to 9 months from now. 

Only thing missing is the optimism to book I guess. 

7 hours ago, 4wheels said:

The problem is that if you pick a date and buy the ticket and airports are still closed. The hassle of changing the ticket is no fun. Or getting refunds is even more hassle, if airports are closed for 9 months

i learned a lesson.  Next time I will buy a ticket when flights are allowed to land

12 hours ago, syed said:

The problem is that if you pick a date and buy the ticket and airports are still closed. The hassle of changing the ticket is no fun. Or getting refunds is even more hassle, if airports are closed for 9 months

i learned a lesson.  Next time I will buy a ticket when flights are allowed to land

I've changed my original ticket 5x in 6 months,including destination, and not once was there an issue. It is/was on United. In fact, they have an easy to use change option for passengers to change the reservation online which I used once and the other 5 over the phone. And was never asked to pay a change fee. I did pay more for a fare difference but I am now in premium economy. Some airlines have better reputations than others as far as refunds go.

19 hours ago, jacko said:

Only thing missing is the optimism to book I guess. 

Yes. When things start to open up, the timing will be important. I just read an article in a AAA periodical that described how they see the modified cruise line industry opening up. 

As to hotels, I guess it is also prudent to keep checking their sites for room availability. Not all hotels will open at the same time and if they open how much capacity. Flights I think will be the easiest. Nothing can happen from a practical standpoint until countries in question are on the same page. Plenty of things to juggle. It will be worth the effort.

• Upvote 1